zulfihan 10/03/17
Last reply 1 year ago
skipping injection

HI all

i just want to share this with you because l did not with my neuro

i have been skipping my injection -avonex- and injecting every other week, because l am fed up , had enough.. and do not want any injection nay more. Besides my liver enlargement problem i think is down to the side effects of avonex so l decided not to inject every week but may be every other.
I have not informed anybody first time writing here

what would happen

Thanks alot

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

daniel2025
1 year ago

You should talk to the neurologist and ms nurse before varying your meds. If you don’t follow what they advised for you and there the ones best placed to advise your are talking a massive risks you could end up relapsing. They have access to your MRIs and your history they don’t give you this for nothing. If you have concerns about the meds you need to talk it over with your ms nurse and neurologist. The dosage will be what’s recommended and talking anything less is putting a risk of relapsing at a high risk.

californiadreamin
1 year ago

Also to add to what @daniel2025 said if you aren’t happy with the medication there are a lot more options out there today. Have you considered any of those? Happy to talk through the ones we have considered. How is your ms doing? How long have you been on this medication? Have you used others?

zulfihan
1 year ago

l know the risk thanks alot but.. there is no end every week , every week … it has been two years since l started .. so far managed well… now that l have liver problem it added to that.. makes me upset

spunky
1 year ago

@zulfihan
If you are not tolerating He injections very well why don’t you research the oral DMTs such as Techfidera, Aubagio and others. Then discuss changing the drug with your Neuro.

Good luck!

thecuriosity
1 year ago

Having been on avonex and struggling with the injections (I didn’t skip any but it was quite hard having to do them in toilets at work when on early shift.) my neurologist suggested an oral tablet instead. It wasn’t what I thought I would choose but I’ve found it much easier to adjust to and I deal with it really well.

Speak to your neurologist and actually tell them you’re struggling as it isn’t worth you wasting medication you don’t want to take and feeling worse for it.

knotty
1 year ago

One slight compromise you may want to consider is Plegridy – it’s the next generation Avonex (supplied by the same manufacturer). You use a “pen” making it easier to inject (I hate needles too), and you inject once every two weeks. Sadly side effects will be similar so it may not be the best option for you. Good luck with your decision but please consult the professionals.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.