Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

stumbler
3 weeks ago

@karen_turnock , the following might help :-

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/sinusitis-sinus-infection/

I can’t see MS being the problem here, unless a sinus problem can be eliminated…..

karen_turnock
3 weeks ago

Thanks, just wondered

sarah_irwin
3 weeks ago

I suffer terribly and have done for years. I cant smell a thing and my taste is impaired.
Ive had nasal polyps removed twice and have asthma (diagnosed in my mid 30s) and im allergic to aspirin and nsaids. Its called Samsters Triad.
Anyway, its thought it may have connections to the immune system. This ties in with my symptoms improving while taking Tysabri and now my treatment has stopped its flaring up quite badly again. I also read a book years ago called ‘Multiple Sclerosis- A Self-Help Guide’ by Judy Graham. In there it highlights previous studies looking into the connection between sinusitis and MS and how this in turn could be connected to some people with ms being sensitive or allergic to milk.
So although your sinus problems may not be classed as a common MS symptom the causes for you are worth investigating 😊
Sarah

laura-forde
3 weeks ago

I’ve had sinus headaches since early adulthood, my mum has them too. Oddly enough I feel they are related to my monthly cycle don’t think they have anything to do with MS perhaps just being “run down” doesn’t help. Drinking water and if they are really bad antibiotics from Dr but that might be worse than suffering

karen_turnock
3 weeks ago

Thanks Laura and Sarah

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.