Last reply 3 months ago
Shocked

I am honestly shocked by how many people with MS dabble in illigle drugs, hard illigle drugs at that.

I couldn’t imagine adding that to my system ,god knows what it is doing to the body, I personally couldn’t afford to take that risk.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

edmontonalberta
4 months ago

Some guy once said – Judge not Lest Ye be Judged…

Ironically, I smoked a lot of drugs from the age of 16 until almost 57. Was diagnosed with MS at the age of 59. My 1st wife never drank or smoked – Scleroderma killed her at the age of 32. Weird…

Life is a journey & we all have the same destination. Enjoy your drive… 😉

novemberrain
4 months ago

Are you really that shocked? Illegal drugs are everywhere. A lot of people probably dabbled before diagnosis but I am in no way saying it caused MS. I just say to each their own…whatever floats your boat 😊

novemberrain
4 months ago

And as some people have said very recently they get relief from recreational drugs. The harm has been done somewhere down the line and if it helps them sobeit. I would if I needed/wanted to 😉 God knows what it is doing to the body? Sounds familiar…probably not much in comparison

vixen
4 months ago

I agree that each to their own, and ‘judge not, lest ye be judged’ for sure.

BUT something that shocks me about the recent chain particularly, is that people forget how Big Brother operatates in the UK; when people are open about their creative propensities, post photos and mention being parents, this can be risky as this information might raise flags in some quarters. For example, that is the sort of information which a school might need to ‘act’ on. Last week, one of our Shift comrades sensibly commented on another’s offer to give a random Shifter a room for the night and was urged caution by a caring other.

All I’m saying is that even on an impartial, non-biased site like Shift, we need to remember that it is an open forum to which The World has access and that not everyone in the world is as non-judgemental as the majority on Shift are. Ahh, sorry if this has tuned into a bit of a Sunday lecture!

ebaldwin
4 months ago

I’m not judging it’s their life not mine I just can’t believe how up front people are saying they are taking illigle drugs when police can easily find these sites and find the person

novemberrain
4 months ago

I think they would be lenient on MS sufferers and far too busy to really bother now police are in short supply. They’re more interested in the dealers. But I hear what youre saying. Be careful what you say on the internet!

ebaldwin
4 months ago

stumbler
4 months ago

This forum may be public, but our users can be as anonymous as they like. There’s no definite requirement to post a personal picture as an avatar. And, it’s the user’s prerogative how much personal information they want to share.

The Data Protection Act applies to the Forum, as much as it does to anyone else.

ebaldwin
4 months ago

@stumbler they may think they are protected but it doesn’t take much to get someone’s IP address

stumbler
4 months ago

@ebaldwin , as the Forum’s volunteer Administrator, I have greater access rights than a normal member.

Yes, IP addresses are visible to me, but I don’t believe they are viewable through general public access – unless you know different.

edmontonalberta
4 months ago

@ebaldwin

I have blackmail photos of politicians & many high up in professional fields. Most photos are 30+ years old – most friends are retired or inches away from retiring. They & those who died can not be touched by the government or law enforcement agencies – they can only hurt you if they have some sort of power over you.

So I understand the concept that those with young children should be cautious; as should those who might lose their job. But 99% of us have nothing to fear; especially we in Canada where the legalization process is underway. 😉

ebaldwin
4 months ago

@stumbler

Of course we can if we want to look hard enough anyone can but I meant police can if they really wanted to I just think people should be careful about what they say

sigmadelta
4 months ago

Why the hell are you making such a big issue of this?
If it was proved that any now “Illegal” drug could cure cancer it would be Legal overnight.
FYI many cancer drugs are derived from heroin based origins.
Almost all serious pain killers are made from opiates..ie..illegal substances.
Wake up you moron.

stumbler
4 months ago

@sigmadelta , there’s no need to be abusive.

I suggest you read the house rules, https://shift.ms/house-rules , for some guidance. 😕

sigmadelta
4 months ago

It’s not abusive, it’s in the OED ..it’s my opinion, sorry to offend. I will take more care in future.

ebaldwin
4 months ago

@sigmadelta

I think you’ll find I wasn’t “making such a big deal about it”
I was having a grown up conversation with people about their different opinions on the matter
You are the only one here using words like “moron”

freddygiguere
3 months ago

There is need medical proof of medical cannibus works wonder on the ms society. The CBD in it acts on your nerves which counter acts some symptoms from MS. But that is the medical cannibus of you were to use street cannibus then yes I think that would be wrong but if a doctor tells you to go for it. Like my doctor did she told me that as soon as she learned I had MS I califyed for it. The cannibus oil I take is a high % of CBD and only a 0.1% THC which THC is what you find in street cannibus but at a much much higher %. So I think that medical cannibus is good for you if your doctor tells you they recommend it but don’t go and get street drugs for it.

ebaldwin
3 months ago

@freddygiguere
At the time of my post there were people saying they were taking coke,MDMA “legal drugs” that’s what I was talking about not CBD which is nothing

nutshell88
3 months ago

I’m not sure where you’re from if you are from a country like mine im not surprised you’re shocked
I dont mean any offence but when i visited few countries abroad i was shocked to see drugs because they are impossible to be mensioned even in my country
I had flaws in the end abroad i regret it so very much now im caughing continuously dr cant find out why and theres no way i admit in my real life and damage my prestige hehe

But if you are from eu i bet you’re too yound to be aware..

ebaldwin
3 months ago

@nutshell88
I’m 22 I do love in the countryside but I do know a lot about drugs from where I used to live,I was just shocked about how blatant people were on here about taking hard drugs.

nutshell88
3 months ago

its pretty wise of you to think this way. 😉

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.