Last reply 1 month ago
Shingles

Cant believe it, very ill in Friday, lodger (who is a nurse) treated a very bad rash on my chest late afternoon, went to bed, rash had spread so put on more cream, couldn’t sleep, was being stabbed with a knitting needle every 2 mins, at 1.30 called ambulance because things had got worse, 5 hrs wait in A&E finally got to see a Doc, I’ve got Shingles! So along with the ms and cancer,I now have Shingles, can’t believe he can throw anything else at me. My other lodger is a pathologist, he gave me a long lecture about dormant infections, apparently if you’ve had chicken pox as a child, the virus lies dormant on your body, as is usually set off again as an adult by stress!. I had called him at 6 in the morning to collect me from the hospital, felt a real heel because he didn’t have to get up at 6 and go to work cos it was Saturday, but he kindly did when I rang and woke him up, and was lectured severally because I hadn’t called him in the early hours when I called the Ambulance. Back home now, finally caught on sleep, on methyrednisolone tablets in an attempt to avoid a relapse, oh isn’t life fun.😂

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

highlander
1 month ago

@grandma I’m glad you’re on the mend so to speak.
Now young lady I suggest you make your way to bed!!!!
I won’t tell you again now off with you!
Sweet dreams!
Keep smiling and sleep well and have a lay in 💤

spunky
1 month ago

@grandma I hope you feel better! You sure are having a rough time. I think you need some rest, relaxation and some
chocolate. Take care of yourself! Hugs

rachschader93
1 month ago

Hugs your a trooper. R&R has been ordered for you! Sending good vibes your way.

stumbler
1 month ago

@grandma , just when you think things can’t get any worse……………..

You do have to be careful on Tecfidera, as this is suppressing your immune system, leaving you vulnerable to infections.

Take care and get well soon.

wendyhills
1 month ago

@grandma your always there to offer advice on here so nowas the time to take some from comments above. Look after yourself get well soon sending you a🤗

grandma
1 month ago

Thanks so much for all your good wishes. Bit difficult to take a day off with 2 large dogs and 2 lodgers but only popping to the shops for dog food then lying around doing nothing for the rest of the day😇

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.