Last reply 2 months ago
Shaky legs

Has anyone experienced shaky legs/ muscle spasms feels like electric shocks down your legs and then feels like you have numbness in your leg?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

peterfrancis
2 months ago

Yes, it’s called Spasticity and is one of several symptoms I experience daily.

The Medication I am taking, Gabapentin has calmed it down a little but it still happens.

stumbler
2 months ago

@jmk1995 , here’s an article on this MS symptom:-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/spasticity-and-spasms

lightning87
2 months ago

Hey! Not sure if I’ve had spasms but sometimes when I walk for a while I get an internal vibration in my foot. Nothing major but annoying, I wonder if that is also spasticity?

lightning87
2 months ago

Perhaps not actually having read stumbler’s link!

miller
2 months ago

Yep every night for years

peterfrancis
2 months ago

I’ve always found it strange that the Spasms / Spasticity mostly only happens at night / early morning. Only happened during the day once or twice and nowhere near as strong, weird.

jmk1995
2 months ago

Have any of you spoke to your ms nurses about it? If so what did they say?

peterfrancis
2 months ago

@jmk1995

At the first appointment with my MS Nurse I spoke of cramps in my Calves and she explained that it was Spasticity and put me on Gabapentin…. When I say explained, she just told me the name Spasticity, and that was that.

rotherhamdave
2 months ago

Tremor legs start every morning when I get up then stops when foot is on floor

embroideress
2 months ago

@jmk1995 I don’t have spasms but I do have stiffness in my feet and toes (along with partial numbness, permanent pins and needles, and cold and wet sensations). I feel like Pinocchio: my feet and toes feel as though they are made of hard wood. I didn’t know it was spasticity until the neurologist prescribed physical therapy, and listed spasticity as one of my problems. Twice a week I work on either balance and strength, or the stiffness, in the hydrotherapy pool, with a foot massage, walking and stretching exercises. It does seem to loosen up the tightness, but it comes back the next day. Have you tried or asked for physical therapy sessions? The warm water in hydrotherapy feels good on the legs 🙂

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.