sef71 19/01/15
Last reply 3 years ago
Sensory relapse ….. Can you help?

Hi all I have recently had what has been termed as a sensory relapse and was told to up my Amitriptyline to 40mg (from 30mgs) to help with it but it hasn’t (so I went back to 30mgs) it just made me paranoid and gave me insomnia and generally off it. I still have pins and needles,numbness and tingling down the left hand side of my body and face and I just wondered if any of you knew of anything else that could help relieve the symptoms.

Thanks in advance x

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

3 years ago

@sef71 , discuss this with your MS Nurse. Gabapentin or Pregabelin may be an option for you. 😉

3 years ago

Thanks @stumbler I’ve tried both of those before and they had the same effects! But I’ll mention it to them and see what they say

3 years ago

@sef71 , hmmmm, if only NICE had approved Sativex…… 🙁

3 years ago

Have your medical team discussed switching therapies?

When I have those problems I try to distract the pain from the numbing/buzzing by using heat or weight. My mom made me these rice filled pads of different sizes. You can heat uncooked rice in the microwave for 2 min or so for a reusable heating pad. The weight of the rice also helped distract the pain.

In lieu of making them you can use tube socks or other cloth bags to put the rice in. Or just use a regular heating pad.

I switch therapies (10 years on Avonex, Tysabri and Gilenya) and had Lemtrada last April and experience a reversal of my MS symptoms. I no longer need the rice heat packs 🙂

I was diagnosed at 29 and at 40 now I cant say I feel like I’m 29- but I feel at least 30 🙂

Take care,

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.