Last reply 10 months ago
Seizures

Ive been having several ms seizures a day for the past month.
Now neuro has now prescribed tegretol. Had one small dose 50mg last night and today feel worse than ever. Im also on 150mg lyrica daily and wonder if it’s an interaction?
Does anybody have any experience/advice?

Best wishes to all.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

simone2
10 months ago

Hi, sorry I don’t any experience of seizures but I have hear CBD oil really helps with seizures it is now legal in England you can buy it from health food shops or you can buy it on the internet, just make sure it is a good strength I take cannabis high in CBD for pain and to help me sleep, hope you manage to get something soon for seizures.

stumbler
10 months ago

@stu303 , no personal experience, but according to this drug description, https://www.drugs.com/tegretol.html , “it may take up to 4 weeks before your symptoms improve.”

stu303
10 months ago

Thanks for the replies.
I will ride out the tegretol and hope it improves over time.
I was using 14% CBD paste for about a month before the seizures started. It was working wonders for the fatigue and general well-being but I stopped because it seemed to intensify them and then I read that it may interact with tegretol. When things improve I’ll restart but I’d highly recommend it to anyone.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.