Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

kinga
1 year ago

haha!
I started that OMS diet and its actually not as difficult as I thought it would be!
Not sure if it works as I just started few months ago lol

andy365
1 year ago

Yeap good time to start! Just be careful as nuts can explode on bbqs I think.
No I hope you can do it , I tried it even brought the cook book but found it really tough. My advice for what it’s worth is do it slowly. The shock to the system with me meant berries went through me like a Ferrari, to much information.

Before you try it take a look at this

TEDxIowaCity: Minding Your Mitochondria with Dr. Terry Wahls

This diet you can keep some meats but bread has to go. Both diets are being tested at the moment against each other with the creators blessings so we may know soon.

Hope it goes well berry killer.

Andy

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

Berrys are welcome as I seem to be having a dump once every two to three days at the moment due to pain meds and thanks for the exploading nuts 🥜 tip I might try it he he he *waggles brows* @andy365

Anonymous
1 year ago

@doubleo7hud all the best. It’s just about conditioning your body which will thank you in the future. I crave green juices and smoothies now instead of bacon butties. 🥗🥑

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

@vickivictoria getting told I have ms has not really phased me at all. But I’m dreading giving up cheese 🧀 and dirty Orrible foods. Also I really don’t think I can take meditation seriously even on my own I’m to daft to not giggle at me self is it all ohm and woosaa and dolphin music? Where do you start

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

Ps what’s that thing that looks like a one nutted alien 👽 penis that doesn’t look very appitising 🤢🥑

So the oms plan is actually what we follow in our family. Meditation is more about mindfulness and there is tons of good science on why it helps. Basically the slower breathing changes the way your brain handles stress and makes your body less inflammatory. It’s ten minutes a day for us so it’s really not hard and we sit in a chair (we use an app called headspace).

I would get the overcoming ms book and just read it cover to cover and decide if you agree with it. It’s a totally worth while investment. Others follow whals but I just didn’t feel as convinced on the evidence compared to oms.

Wishing you all the best.

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

Thanks @ Californiadreamin and everyone else too

Anonymous
1 year ago

It’s an avocado. Actually thinking about it I’m not sure it’s allowed on the oms diet, but other diets for ms do allow it. Definitely try mindfulness and within that gratitude. Thinking about what you’re grateful for first thing in the morning or last thing at night really helps me with positivity. Go for it and good luck. If your heading towards healthy and holistic alternatives have a look at my fb page https://www.facebook.com/groups/Controlms/ X

jenny4hughes
1 year ago

I’m sorry but no….I cant…..bacon/rashers….come on….I’m not giving that shit up until MS fucks me over so bad that I can’t lift a rasher sandwich to my mouth…**drool**

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

@jenny4hughes tbh it’s a fecking wrestle just thinking about it. There’s a big feck off packet of bacon 🥓 staring at me every time I open the fridge last time I looked in there I’m sure it spoke to me and said “eat me you sexy Yorkshire bastard and let me juices dribble down thee chin and if that’s not tempting enough picture our lovely rashes draped across Kelly brooks nipples”. No shit that’s what it said its pencilled in the diary for tomorrow morning he he he

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.