Last reply 3 months ago
Secukinumab

Hiya, I’m a mew Shifter. Diagnosed 16 years ago with RR Ms. Im also in the ankylosing spondilitis team since 2016. Im about to start a treatment that apparently will suit both my conditions…… does anyone have any experience with Secukinumab?
Ive been on copaxone for approx 9 yrs after trying rebif and avonex unsuccessfully.
I’m kinda in denial of both conditions until they become unbearable then I go off the radar for a few/several days to treat and recharge myself. Then I’m back into denial mentality untill the next dip comes. My state of mind is healthy I think 🤣 well a sense of humour is a necessity…. I haven’t got Ms…. its got me!! Good to meet yall 😎

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
5 months ago

Hi @kitt and welcome.

There’s some discussions on Secukinumab here :-

http://multiple-sclerosis-research.blogspot.com/2017/11/rumble-in-jungle-part-ii.html (Towards the bottom of this discussion)

http://multiple-sclerosis-research.blogspot.com/2017/12/blockade-of-interleukin-17-is-it-bees.html

Having been on a couple of Disease Modifying Therapies (DMTs), that’s not really denial, is it? But, you do seem to be managing things by adopting the right attitude. 😉

grandma
5 months ago

Hi Kitt and welcome, I’m one of the old codgers, had the beast for 24 years and have cancer as well so like you I have 2 problems to deal with but I keep smiling, tears and stress are no good for the ms and probably not for the other as well, so I’m no help with the Secukinumab and am on Tecfidera so no help there either but just wanted to say hello anyway, we all listen to each others problems here and even if we not in exactly the same boat we all empathise and do our best to help anyway.😍

hannah_mai
5 months ago

Hey Kitt, I’d really like to talk to you about Secukinumab. I was diagnosed with RRMS in 2017 and just 2 months ago with Ankylosing Spondylitis.. I know there’s aren’t many of us in the world suffering from both… Cheers

kitt
3 months ago

Hi Hannah, I’ve not been logged for a while as have been busy with my grandchildren over the holidays and had not much time to myself… now coming back down to earth…..
Yes there aren’t many of us Ms As peeps and would be more than happy to have a chat with you about it. Not sure how to discuss off the forum though if you’d like some privacy??
Ps. Im now off Copaxone and started the seckunimab last friday…. nothing adverse so far and is only one injection a week for four weeks, then one a month indefinitely, which is soo much easier than x3 per week.
Hope you are as well as you can be.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.