Last reply 4 years ago
saying goodbye to bits of me

I am feeling pretty shitty at the moment. Things are slowly getting worse and bits that used to work dont. The horrible thought is that they are never coming back. I am not going to recover there is no magic cure. i am finding it very hard to keep up a brave face and what is the point of burdening other people with it , as there is nothing that can be done.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
4 years ago

@tabbycat , we all have times where this condition can seem huge and dwarf our efforts to manage with it. This is understandable, but don’t dwell on things that you have lost. Look at what you still have.

We have to adopt a “can do” philosophy, on the basis that “success comes in cans”. So, banish cannot and can’t from your vocabulary

And, never say never. The brain is a powerful and not fully understood organ, so just allow it to do its stuff. We can still confound the experts, given a chance.

So, for the present, treat yourself, pamper yourself because you’re the important one. Tomorrow’s always going to be a better day! 😉

graham100
4 years ago

Hey tabbycat. Don’t say never a cure. Listen to this. http://www.radionz.co.nz/audio/player/20150300

Then keep fingers crossed. Xx

graham100
4 years ago

http://www.radionz.co.nz/audio/player/20150300
Tabbycat sorry it might be this link.forget that same again

stumbler
4 years ago

A more direct link to this news article is here :- http://podcast.radionz.co.nz/twu/twu-20140920-1325-naked_science_ebola_and_multiple_sclerosis-048.mp3

It sounds encouraging, but unfortunately, time will tell….

tabbycat
4 years ago

Thanks guys!

graham100
4 years ago

Stumbler well done,I kept that link.

tabbycat
4 years ago

Just listened to the report – go my tiny friends!! Too early to give up yet! thank you so much, I love this site.

graham100
4 years ago

Never say never. It may take time but time we have. Providing a helicopter don’t fall out the sky and hit me. Lol

hannah015
4 years ago

Hey @tabbycat

Don’t lose hope, positivity is key definitely. You need to believe you can fight this and you can 🙂

X

cameron
4 years ago

Positivity is important and so too is having a ‘critical friend’, someone who can help you keep things in perspective. Do you have an exercise regime? I ask because I’ve found several good contacts in the exercise field who have done just this. My Pilates instructor, a trainer at the gym, and a few years ago a personal trainer have all been very useful to me. Getting somebody from outside the family/social circle to work with gives you the chance to be more objective. Goals you set in the gym or exercise class and successes you achieve there can change your mindset to the rest of what’s going on in your life. If it feels like you’re saying goodbye to bits of you, is it not the time to get stronger in the other bits? xxx Big hugs

meld38
4 years ago

Hi Tabbycat, I have a dark coloured tabby called Saffy, I find her a great comfort when I am feeling rubbish. By the look of your picture you have a lovely cat too! I have just gone through a relapse and felt pretty rubbish. Do you have a MS centre near by? I have found them invaluable for a social contact, and help with everything from diet to exercise to having counselling. Would that help?

tabbycat
4 years ago

Thanks for the ideas. My cats are the sanest thing in my life and I love the way they know nothing and expect nothing but food, cuddles and warmth.
Excercise is a good idea, I walk as much as I can, when I feel good and getting out into the fresh air always makes me feel better. I should try to vary what I do and work on the bits that still work.
Does anyone know the Elizabeth Bishop poem “One Art” ?

stumbler
4 years ago

This poem, eh, @tabbycat

http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/176996

Quite thought provoking…..

cameron
4 years ago

It also occurs to me that some of the bits that aren’t working for you may be the result of secondary, not primary damage, in which case you can sort it. A way to find out is to get yourself looked over – muscle group by muscle group – by a neuro physio. xxx

tabbycat
4 years ago

Yes that is the poem. She took 11 years of revising it ,before she considered it complete. The disaster she had in mind was the loss of her partner, but it keeps rattling around in my brain.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.