Last reply 1 month ago
Returning to work

Hi all!

This is my second post and it’s update plus a big thanks to everyone who responded. I have completed my first week back at work, haven’t been doing my full time hours but I can’t imagine it will be long before I am. When I first posted after being diagnosed I had been dealing with major issues with my left hand for around 2 months and a few weeks of balance and eye problems. I had my 3 days of steroid treatment but there was a huge part of me convinced it had been too long without treatment for my hand at least. I am happy to report that despite some lingering sensation in my hand I have regained full use of it again, my eyesight and balance are both back to normal so I would say for all intensive purposes I am back to normal. I want to sincerely thank everyone who sent me positive messages it really did help knowing I wasn’t alone! I am also very happy that being back at work hasn’t only been liberating for me, it has been great for my partner and I, I hadn’t been able to do much around the house the last 2 months and couldn’t be easy for her knowing I’m suffering but also working full time and everyday having to do pretty much everything as well as coming through the door everyday and seeing me just lying on the sofa. I truly am extremely lucky to have her! Once again thanks for everyone’s kind and supportive words, I hope you are all doing well!

P. S to anyone who plays games, having my hand return to me in time for red dead 2, has been one of the highest points the last few months!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the โ€˜xโ€™.

vixen
1 month ago

@drummondbass, this is great news. And what an achievement! Donโ€™t push yourself too much though. And eat as healthy as possible, leaving room for treats too! Onwards and upwards!

stumbler
1 month ago

@drummondbass , that is good news. Now, make sure you pace yourself, so that you enjoy some stability in your life.

A bunch of flowers, or some other gift, would be appreciated by your partner, I’m sure.

Yes, I’m a consummate romantic…………

grandma
1 month ago

@drummondbass so pleased to hear that all has gone well. Keep it up but as Vixen says, don’t push it!๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿ˜

drummondbass
1 month ago

arbee
1 month ago

Glad to hear you’re getting a bit better mate, I had a similar thing with my hands (and was also worried about being able to play games!) but they have got gradually better over time and don’t cause too much of a problem these days so I’ve also been playing Red Dead! I do still have a bit of numbness in the hands though so my aim isn’t as quick as it once was!

lightning87
1 month ago

@drummondbass that is great to hear, glad you are back to your normal self now and able to play RD2 ๐Ÿ™‚

strictlysoca
1 month ago

Oi oi, good to here that you are on the mend. Thanks for the shout out ๐Ÿคฉ

doubleo7hud
1 month ago

Glad your fighting fit again matey never say never itโ€™s I can and will do, eventually at my own pace kiss me arse ๐Ÿ˜‚. Just got red dead too brushed the cobwebs ๐Ÿ•ธ off me PS4 specially my right hands fecked but iv still got it. Itโ€™s helping itโ€™s me physio I tell Mrs Dubs.

doubleo7hud
1 month ago

Just waiting for the online red dead so I can get me hairy disabalist Yorkshire arse kicked for a few weeks till I get used to the choas again

doubleo7hud
1 month ago

@stumbler I think me and you could give that Julio englasyarse a run for his money ๐Ÿ˜‚ what with your charm and intelligence and my romantic fecking wordsmpthery.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.