Last reply 1 month ago
Research

My optimism is growing and growing in the belief that one day there will be significant treatment which would benefit all of us, perhaps even sooner than we expected, so much funding has gone into Multiple Sclerosis and I am starting to gently raise my head day-by-day. I wish you all the very best!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 month ago

@jayjay10, we can all but hope………..

vixen
1 month ago

@jayjay10, I think you’re quite right. The current level of research isn’t going to take us backwards. I mean, I’m not hoping for a cure, but to stop it dead and start reversing a bit would be more than welcome…… 🙂

arknat
1 month ago

I’m optimistic as well. Several trials and many many smart researchers looking at both stopping and repairing the damage (remyelination). But when is the question. Would we see something in the next 5-10 years ? Or maybe even earlier ? Hoping ……

grandma
1 month ago

As an old codger who has had the beast for a long time and now verging on spms I hope that re-myelination is seriously on the cards, we can but live in hope!🙏🏻🤞😍 you are very young and hope will mean even more to you🥊

jayjay10
1 month ago

Hey guys,

Nice to hear from you all, it gives me great comfort in reading all these comments. I myself genuinely believe that there will be a breakthrough within the next 5 years, something of which that will greatly change our lives.

seanachai
1 month ago

Jay, I think your spot on… lot going on in this space… lot happening right now but you probably need money or generosity to take advantage of it..

I admire your positive outlook and I share it….

MSers had a hard run for most of the time, but things are looking up for the future…. I have fingers crossed next 10-20 yrs will make big strides… cure or halt I don’t know…. but slowing things down to an acceptable level we could all live with…

X

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.