Last reply 4 weeks ago
Report from hospital

Hello
The report in in english

Didnt undersand anything at all with my poor English
Furst do u think uts better if i know exactly ir better if i ignore and live my life happily

It was send to anither dic anyway

protocol multiplaner, multiquental enhansed brain mri was performed utlizing ms protocol. comparision. there is no significant interval change of exensive confluent and patchy supratenorial and infratentorial white matter disease. however , post constract images revealed two new ring enhancements along the lesions in left frontal periventricular and juxtacortic regions. redemonstration of significant diffuse volume loss. no acute intracrnial hemorrhagr or hydrocephaluse. grossly unremarkable orbits, paranasal sinuses and inner ear structures. new two ring enhacemrnt in the left frontal periventricular and junta cortical lesion indicating progression of the disease

___
Pardon for the mustake i hope you understand

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

nutshell88
4 weeks ago

Is it so bad

vixen
4 weeks ago

Hello @nutshell88, you’re not the only one who doesn’t understand the technical language of MRIs, blood tests and other MS talk. I don’t think many people have understanding of their results. Is this a copy of the letter sent to your doctor? Has your consultant talked you through it?

This will only make sense if your consultant can compare it to a previous MRI. Don’t worry, those medical reports seem like another language for all of us. Bu it would be great for you is somebody can talk you through it. Stay tough and well lovely lady x

arknat
4 weeks ago

@nutshell,

Read the report. Your MS is active although you don’t have any clinical symptoms. And volume loss/atrophy as was shown before. You need to be on the DMT. I would not think any more about it.

One thing to keep in mind is DMT slows progression to SPMS which by itself a good deal. But none of them claim to stop it. I would think it is still very important that you continue to get on with your DMT.

mamawals
4 weeks ago

I think you need to meet with a Neuroligist who can look at this and your previous MRI. I, and my husband, have both had experiences where radiology reports were either completely wrong or misleading. A neurologist will better know what they’re looking at when they review the MRI and can explain it to you.

nutshell88
4 weeks ago

@vixen i usually get treatmed in another city
But i feel the distant tires me so i asked for report to show it to another neuro at national guards hospital in my city

nutshell88
4 weeks ago

@mamawals they gave cd with report to give it to another neurologist
@arknat @vixen they said it contains all my previous scans

rivka
4 weeks ago

I agree with @mamawals comment. My last MRI was read as new findings of active disease, but my neurologist, after reviewing new and old scans, discagreed. After she and the radiologist studied them together, they came to a final decision. Don’t react to the printed reading of your MRI, @nutshell88, react to what a neurologist that knows you and your past history and MRIs says to you. Hopefully it’s not as grim as you are imaging! Either way, keep smiling!

nutshell88
4 weeks ago

Its going to the neurologists tomorrow
My brother is gonna take it to him he works in the same facility.
@rivka

rivka
4 weeks ago

Good, @nutshell88, keep us posted.
You know we are neighbors, by the way. 😊

nutshell88
4 weeks ago

@rivka nope you’re not

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.