doubleo7hud 28/01/17
Last reply 1 year ago
Replace myelin?

Just a thought baby’s develop in the womb and odv in time grow myelin around the nerves as they develop, and scientists can clone sheep and ears now and all sorts of things. Has there been any reasearch into cloning the stuff and patching it up like a plaster of sorts or filler or maybe there may be some sort of synthetic cable that can help bridge the gap in the myelin therefore the signal from the brain gets to where it’s ment to properly uninterrupted. Just interested thats all sometimes the odvious solution gets overlooked. If it has been tried I’d like to read up about it and why it’s not worked.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

Anonymous
1 year ago

If they’re not working on it – It’s probably illegal or immoral
then again it sounds too logical & possibly overlooked, there’s plenty of chatter on the tinterweb saying the MS drug companies are squashing research into cures because they make shed loads on selling the drugs
conspiracy theory? – who knows

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

Aye who knows I was that tired last night I can’t believe I made it to 11 slept like a baby tho I was very serious I’m not supprised I nodded off shortly after that boring fecking fart.

jessvf14
1 year ago

I may be wrong but I think that’s what stem cell research is- it’s the cells at their earliest, most basic form (often harvested with permission from unborn babies for research) but we all have stem cells present in our bodies. They take them and manipulate them in to whatever they want them to be. There was quite a bit in the news recently about stem cell and ms- I don’t know the full details though, I think it’s too risky for me personally. Worth looking at though

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

oh aye Iv seen it on the news but iv not looked into it yet. I thought it may be something different just asking to dip me toe in the water tomorrow I should know for sure if I have it probs not knowing my luck but we will see have a stack of stuff to read through I ordered off ms trust and ms society. I mean a stack too lol a box ? full

jessvf14
1 year ago

I did the same- got a copy of my latest MRI report so knew I had it 3 months before I saw the consultant so ordered everything I could think of! I was only offered the interferons or copaxone because I’m quite mild but I’d defo do a pros/cons list because the side effects are massive if you get down to them all. I found rxlist.com really useful as it gives you a full list of side effects as well as things they found after all the clinical trials were finished.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.