Last reply 2 months ago
RELAPSES

Hi everyone recently diagnosed and just wondering,can you be unaware you have ms and you start with a first visable relapse such as optic neuritis,it clears up then have nothing major apart from odd tingiling and numbness for the next ten years then bang out of blue start havin symptomss such as spasms and extrememe tingiling last for a few months disspear for a few months and still be relapsing ms in that time frame? X

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

peterfrancis
2 months ago

@melmel1

You’ve just pretty much summed up what RRMS is like for a lot of RRMSers, if not all of them.

I was diagnosed as SPMS over a year ago with little knowledge of MS as a whole. I seemingly went through the the RR stage believing I was experiencing Diabetic Hypo attacks, on and off for several years.

Then I was experiencing strange symptoms all at once over a short period of time, had a few falls, loss of balance, hand tremors, vision problems etc.

melmel1
2 months ago

How are you coping can your work ect? X

stumbler
2 months ago

@melmel1 , it sounds like you’re talking about me.

First symptom (foot drop), recorded as Transverse Myelitis. Full recovery-ish. Second relapse in the mid 90s and finally diagnosed Relapsing Remitting MS (RRMS) in ’97.

melmel1
2 months ago

@stumbler what year did your foot drop start? What does foot drop feel like? I had a prob with one of my feet but was not sure what it was do u have on and off blurrey vision? Hope ur havin a nice dayX

peterfrancis
2 months ago

@melmel1

Lol, you asked me that same question a few days ago when I replied to another one of your Posts.

In short, no I no longer work or spend time looking for work.

melmel1
2 months ago

@peterfrancis oh gosh im so sorry my memory is terrible these days lol x

peterfrancis
2 months ago

@melmel1

For me Foot Drop feels like you have accidentally hit the Pause button for a split second on a remote control whilst walking.

You gho to step forward and one foot moves but the other will not do what you want it to do… Bit like a stubborn Toddler, I guess.

melmel1
2 months ago

@peterfrancis i tink ive had that do u get pain with it? X

peterfrancis
2 months ago

@melmel1

Not with Foot Drop no, but some people do I imagine.

I tend to get blurred vision, low spacial awareness and my permanent state of being dazed gets stronger.

stumbler
2 months ago

@melmel1 , all you want to know about Foot Drop :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/foot-drop 😉

jane_watts
2 months ago

Melme1
Yes symptoms (going off my own experience) can just cease for a time then return sometimes not returning.
I have foot drop right foot no pain however in bed at night both my leg & foot decide to become uncomfortable in the sense of ‘lets go walk’, have spints to help with drop Variety of different types.
Have you had an appointment with a psyso therapist yet?
If not needs to be set in place.
You should also be handed a printout of excercises for your limbs & advice on splints for when you feel you need them.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.