dawnpxx 28/11/14
Last reply 3 years ago
rebif injections

Hi everyone just wondering if anyone has any info on rebif. Having my first injection on Monday and bricking it not so much the needle part which I’m not a fan of but the side affects if any, especially the headaches as I suffer with migraine and they are miserable enough without adding to them.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

graham100
3 years ago

Hi dawnpxx. Rabif. Lots of different opinions. The Inj was a peace of cake, no side affects no marks no pain. Just didn’t seem to agree with me. My condition progressed massively in the 4 months I was on it. Stopped when i stopped taking it. Now on copaxone. Who knows, people say you need something?? But as they don’t seem to know what to do with ms. Should we really just do as they say, good luck. 22mcg or 44?

dawnpxx
3 years ago

Thanks Graham100 I haven’t got a clue as I got one at 8mcg and one at 22mcg does this mean I will be on 22?
I told the neuro that it was a choice between rebif and copaxone the latter being my first choice as side affects were different but he didn’t really give me an option. My husband wanted me to have the rebif as he wanted me to have rebi smart injector probably so he doesn’t have to keep reminding me to take it as I forget things like that haha

Anonymous
3 years ago

I’ve been on Rebif for nearly a year now. Injections sting sometimes. Some body parts hurt less to inject than others. I have a red mark after for about two weeks but no pain or soreness. I take two paracetomal at the same time as injecting and get none of the flue like symptoms this way. I use rebidose and its really straight forward. You just press the button and bin the whole thing after. No cleaning or preparing required.

Anonymous
3 years ago

Sometimes they will start you off on 8 and gradually move to 22 and 44. May minimise side effects this way. I started on 22 and moved up to 44 about 3 months later.

graham100
3 years ago

Rebif easier than copaxone only 3 times a week instead of 7. So if its good for you. It’s great.

dawnpxx
3 years ago

Thanks all your feedback helps a great deal. X

babybear
3 years ago

my daughter was on rebif…..
im so glad she stopped.. it actually looked like she was going downhill on it. she lost the sparkle in her eyes, was in so much pain and fatigued more than ever. but they say, everyone is different… goodluck

jrdiddle
3 years ago

I started on Rebif and it completely messed up my head and mole hills turned into mountains. I told my neurologist that I wasn’t taking it anymore and he moved me to Copaxone which has been great for the last 3 or so years, but I have recently started Tecfidera which is the new tablet but I’m only on week 3 so getting used to that still.

The injection part is fine and get used to it, I used to have paracetamol an hour before injecting and did the injection before bed so slept through the flu symptoms.

I hope Rebif works for you and if it doesn’t, there will be a better one that suits you.

graham100
3 years ago

@jrdiddle. Sounds exactly the same for me. Copaxone about 3weeks ago. All well so far. Little tingle after inject for 5mins. Tecfidera Nxt but my ms nurse said its a lot of grief sorting out, haha I said you think your life’s tough,, makes ya laugh. Can’t be bothered.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.