Last reply 1 year ago
Rebif injection sites

I have been on Rebif injections for nearly a year and am running out of sites to inject because I am covered in red blotches!!
Any help would be most appreciated 👍
Jules

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

potter
1 year ago

I switch from Rebif to Tecfidera because of skin rejection but I had been taking it 5 years. Are you using a auto injector? The depth on the needle could be set wrong. I could never inject my legs, I would get swollen red goose eggs that would get infected. My neuro said my legs were too muscular and I would have to skip them. I would call your MS nurse and explain to her what is going on. I was very happy with my switch to Tecfidera. Potter

jules5255
1 year ago

Hi Potter I spoke to my MS nurse and she told me it was normal! I have got over the side effects of Rebif. I amusing an auto injector. I have played around with the needle depth. How is Tecfidera administered and what are the side effects?
Jules

smurf69
1 year ago

Hi Jules, I’ve only been injecting since Feb and use the Rebismart. I avoid front of thighs cos of bad site reaction and arms as don’t want bruised arms. I use mainly tummy and bum and sometimes side of thighs. I try hard to rotate these. I find that I get red blotches which take a few weeks to go. I’m only eligible for Rebif, Copaxone or avonex as only CIS at present. Has the MS nurse actually seen your sites? These reactions might make you eligible for a switch.

potter
1 year ago

The reaction made me eligible for my neuro to switch me. Tecfidera is two tablets a day one in the morning with breakfast and one with dinner. It can cause a upset stomach at first and maybe some diarrhea some people have flushing. Some people take a few days off of work when they start taking it. I take a good probiotic everyday and take my pill in the middle of my meal, the flushing can be helped with a aspirin taken before the pill. It took awhile for my body to get use to it but it was well worth the hassle. I have been on it for 4 years now, no relapses and haven’t had any real problems with it since the first month I took it. It is considered a more aggressive treatment but that is what a lot of neuros are doing now. Potter

andydav
1 year ago

I did use Rebif but the red areas left behind were not too good and searching for a suitable site was becoming a pain. Spoke with my MS nurse and Neurologist, luckily there was a trial about to begin in Brighton with an oral medication (one tablet a day) called Teriflunomide (Aubagio). I joined the trial and currently and have used this medication for nearly two years with no side effects. Just have regular blood tests to check my liver and blood count are as they should be. Made my life a lot better.

jules5255
1 year ago

Hi Potter andydav and smurf69
Thanks so much for your info on Rebif.
I feel more reassured that my injection sites are not unusual!
I will persist with Rebif for a bit longer and try and keep the red blotches under wraps!! Haha

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.