dom1975 15/01/17
Last reply 1 year ago
Reasonable adjustments

Hi just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to Reasonable adjustments in the workplace. Although I don’t feel I need them in place at the moment due to good health. Should I need them in the future which path would you recommend? I’m a member of a union ( which isn’t recognised by work ) Or a Occupational therapist either by NHS or privately funded? Any suggestions appreciated..

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

@dom1975 , “reasonable adjustments” is one of those bullsh*t terms that can mean different things to different people. It is totally subjective.

Having said that, I’ll try and be a bit more constructive. Here are some of the reasonable adjustments that I’ve seen mentioned :-

– working from home (if possible)
– flexible hours
– rest breaks
– additional assistance, to delegate physically demanding tasks
– work location (closer to required facilities, e.g. toilet, hot drinks, etc.)
– Desk adjustments (foot rests, computer screen adjustments, chair, etc.)

You get the idea, but these are all subject to your negotiation with your employers.

pinky50
1 year ago

Hi, I equally am quite reasonable and working full time but Occ health suggested I get in touch with ‘access to work’ they came out to meet me at work to assess my working environment and produced a report to my employer for what they considered a reasonable adjustment i.e. Chair with more support and memory foam etc, an electric desk that I can raise if I want to stand instead of sit for a bit, a different type of keyboard and mouse etc. I do have some cognitive issues and they are funding 5 sessions of 2 hours support with a registered professional to help me manage that in the workplace, they have also made some other suggestions outside of the reasonable adjustments and apparently my employer has also agreed them also. They are not in place yet though.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.