lpoollou2 16/04/18
Last reply 2 months ago
Pulfrich phenomenon

Has anyone had pulfrich phenomenon? I’ve currently got it and wondered if anyone else has experienced it. Thanks Louise x

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

stumbler
2 months ago

Hi @lpoollou2 and welcome.

I’ve not heard of that manifestation of Optic Neuritis (ON). Is this a new symptom for you or is it something you live with?

I found this visualisation of the Pulfrich Effect :-

http://www.michaelbach.de/ot/lum-Pulfrich/index.html

Is this similar? I’m just wondering whether other MSers have experienced this, but it’s just been referred to as ON.

lpoollou2
2 months ago

Hi

It’s a new symptom. I’ve had ON before but this time was different, I went to the relapse clinic and he said it’s pulfrich. It’s similar to ON but gets better when I sit still but gets worse when I’m moving or looking at moving things.

Thanks for your response.

Louise x

stumbler
2 months ago

@lpoollou2 , it’s impressive that your MS Clinic is aware of this manifestation of ON.

Have you been offered a course of Steroids to address this?

lpoollou2
2 months ago

I’m under the Walton Centre, they are really good. No there was a reason why they decided they wouldn’t help. They think coloured lenses will help x

stumbler
2 months ago

@lpoollou2 , it’s good that you have confidence in your medical team, you can feel comfortable accepting their advice.

I assume you have been further referred regarding the coloured lenses?

lpoollou2
2 months ago

Yeah they are good. I’m going for an evoked potential test next month. They advised me to go to the opticians, I’ve ordered some glasses which will be another 2 weeks. Apparently they either really help or do nothing. Hence why I was interested if anyone had found they helped them x

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.