Last reply 2 months ago
Problems With Work

Hi Guys

Has anyone has issues with their work place, making them understand MS and getting them to take it seriously 😐

Asking for reasonable adjustments and them not allowing it 😞

How have you dealt with this??

Thanks xx

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
2 months ago

@zara , you may want to tactfully direct them to this website :-

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/equality-act-2010-guidance

I’m sure you wouldn’t like them to break the law…………. 😉

highlander
2 months ago

@zara
Hi ask to have a meeting with occupational health.
If you have a union, they’ll be all over it.
I’m sure you’ll get loads more advice…kinda stirs emotions up…

rlean
2 months ago

I was able to modify my work area but there were other issues I couldn’t modify so Dr took me off to see how medication works for me and in I can return to work in Oct 2019. Seems as though things are just getting worse🥴

ripple
2 months ago

I completely understand where you are coming from with this. I was dx this year and found being open with my workplace helped initially when I was first diagnosed as they were then ‘aware’ what health concerns I was facing. However, I don’t think they really ‘get it’ as I’m regularly asked when I think I will get better and I’m not even on treatment yet. You are entitled for them to make reasonable adjustments to lots of things such as your working hours, start / finish times. It might be worth considering asking them to refer to the MS Trust website to gain an understanding of how things affect us. I’m currently thinking about doing the same 🙂 I hope your meetings go well and fingers crossed they will take the time to look into any links you send them and be a bit more flexible going forwards x

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.