Last reply 1 week ago
Pregnant with MS

Hi there. I have had Ms for a year now and I found out last week I am pregnant. I have 2 older children 13 and 11 but I’m really scared this time round as I didnt have MS last time. Me and my partner have been trying for 4 years with 4 unsecessful pregnancies so I have my fingers crossed this time but i don’t want the stress I’m feeling to ruin it. Any one have any advice for me

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
2 weeks ago

@radley80 , congratulations.

There is medical evidence that your changing hormones in pregnancy will stop any MS progression.

However, there is a risk of a relapse after the birth, when your hormones return to normal.

So, enjoy the pregnancy and please avoid stress to maintain your optimum health and hopefully avoid any post-partum problems.

vixen
2 weeks ago

Hello @radley80, congratulations on your long-awaited pregnancy. You’ve endured the stress and strains of two births and gone through a diagnosis, you can nail this! You need to be really, really kind to yourself and take it as easy as you can. Lots of treats. You could focus on what you might need do to get you through the first couple of months after birth. Contingencies etc. Draw up a list of folks you could draw on for emergency baby sitting to make sure you have opportunities for sleep. Think of all the things like parents evenings and so on for your other children that might need to go in the diary. Do you have an MS nurse you can chat to? You could maybe ask for extra blood tests throughout to ensure your iron, bit d levels etc keep up. Good luck and health to you, stay strong! X

mamawals
2 weeks ago

Congratulations! As stumbler said, you’re less likely to have symptom during pregnancy, and even breastfeeding, so enjoy this time!

loutoodlelou
2 weeks ago

Hi there, Just make sure your community midwife refers you for consultant led care, usually MS symptoms are better in pregnancy but you may need more support after baby is born. Some consideration may be needed for your pain relief needs in labour or being induced earlier than 40+12 weeks (or even requesting elective section).
Make sure you do what is right for you in regard to your birth choices and feeding choices, you staying as well as is possible is the most vital thing. Any pregnancy advice you need I’m willing to help (NHS midwife 15 years). Take care of yourself first and foremost xx

lightning87
2 weeks ago

Congratulations 🙂 enjoy your pregnancy and you can almost forget you have MS for 9 months according to research!!

Just take it easy, you’ll be absolutely fine. Were or are you on DMDs?

radley80
2 weeks ago

Thank you all so much for your advice .xx

radley80
1 week ago

Hi all I just wanted to update you all that it is with a very sad heart that yet again I am having an ectopic pregnancy.Words can’t describe how I am feeling at the moment and I have to wait until Monday to find out if I need an op.xxx

mamawals
1 week ago

I’m so sorry for your loss.

stumbler
1 week ago

@radley80 , I’m really sorry to read this. Wishing you every strength at this time.

guinness
1 week ago

@radley80 my prayers and thoughts are with you xxx

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.