Last reply 3 weeks ago
Potential breakthrough

Did anyone hear the Radio 4 “Today” programme yesterday, the 20th November, at around 7.06a.m.? If not, you can catch it on the iPlayer. The piece spoke of a breakthrough in Australia when immune cells were extracted from M.S. patients’ blood and then “trained” in a laboratory to recognise and destroy the Epstein Barr virus which has been linked to M.S. Seven out of ten participants in the study reported significant improvement in fatigue, mobility etc. Further tests/research is planned in Australia and U.S.A.

It’s great to see that research is ongoing and will, hopefully, defeat this dreadful disease.

Thinking positive thoughts.

Jon

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

vixen
3 weeks ago

Thanks for this update @wjgregg, will spending lunchtime rearching this. There is a huge growing association between MS and EB. Iris. Yes, fingers crossed….

stumbler
3 weeks ago

peterfrancis
3 weeks ago

@wjgregg

I did not hear it but I did see something about it on Facebook, interesting stuff.

jolea
3 weeks ago

Thanks i will be listening.
Great news. 🙅‍♀️LJl.

nutshell88
3 weeks ago

Its early morning and you literally made my day. Thanks for sharing such a promising research

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.