Last reply 3 weeks ago
Positivity has vanished😕

Hey, this is my first post….. lately my positivity has kinda gone out the window😕I’m 33yrs old and just feel like my ms is taking over me. I used to be able to just forget and get on with everything but ms has slowly crept up on me and feel like the simplest of tasks nowdays is a struggle. I hate what im turning into, im losing myself gradually if that makes sense . Sorry for the negative post just wondered how others pull themselves out of this? Don’t wanna keep feeling sorry for myself xx

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

watsoncraig
3 weeks ago

Been low, look at the ones you love and that will help.

stumbler
3 weeks ago

@wells85 , the burden of having MS can become too huge from time to time. It’s OK to feel sorry for yourself. Have this time to grieve for what you feel that you have lost.

Then you can regain your sense of perspective and carry on carrying on. 😉

rotherhamdave
3 weeks ago

I’m 36 in 2 days. I just get on doing stuff at home. Keeping myself busy. Do what I can. Being sat looking at 4 walls wi ur own thoughts is horrible. I’ve been there but snapped outta it. Head up be positive n things will be better n easier on u

vixen
3 weeks ago

Hello @wells85, yep, understand that feeling. You could try not looking at it in terms of what you’re losing. Hating the MS mustn’t ever lead to you inadvertently hating yourself. I’m older than you so it’s different, but in my case when I felt ‘less’ of a person than I used to be I kind of shrugged and started to think about what the newer me was going to look like. Taking up a new interest, valuing my free time more, starting to become way, way more organised. Finding a voice in other ways, for example, venturing into social media (well, joining Shift!). I went on a lifestyle purge and lost loads of weight. I made efforts to build bridges with people I’d lost touch with. I set tiny goals for myself on a daily or weekly basis. There’s no doubt about it, MS is disastrous thing to happen to anyone. But you’re young, and there is such a huge focus on medicine and research which will hopefully have an impact on all our lives in the future. Hey, stay strong and know that you are definitely not alone. X. Oh, and Happy Birthday @rotheramdave x 🙂 x

wells85
3 weeks ago

Thank you all for your replys🙂it’s good to talk to others that understand what your going through. I guess we can’t be strong all the time. Tomorrow’s another day. Thank you guys xx

lightning87
3 weeks ago

I’ve felt like this the past few weeks. Normally I try and get on with life forgetting about MS but then I have days where I have buzzing everywhere in my body and it reminds me that it’s not actually that far from my mind.

You are allowed to feel sorry for yourself at times but you will pick yourself back up again.

Stay strong xx

avox
3 weeks ago

Make sure you’re taking time to look after yourself!

I started letting things get on top of me and neglecting myself and I had the second relapse of the year so I decided I had to put myself first and make time to treat myself, whether that is a nice lavender salt bath, reading a book, buying something new for myself. Just as long as it makes you feel special I’ve found it to be the best medicine!

Some times you need to just have a really good cry and get it all out and allow yourself to be sad but treat yourself after to bring yourself back up!

wells85
3 weeks ago

Thanks @lightning87 [email protected] 🙂
Feeling in abit of a better mood today. All really good advice which I will take on board. @avox always makes me feel abit better after a cry, sometimes you just need it .😘

cclaire
3 weeks ago

It is alright not to feel alright, it is when that is happening all of the time you need to talk to somebody.

watsoncraig
3 weeks ago

Personally I have found that once YOU recognise and accept it YOU won’t feel right about it. Happiness can be found inside YOU and those who love you (regardless of your situation there will be someone who does) and remember “A problem shared is a problem halved”. YOU are not alone.

doubleo7hud
3 weeks ago

that @watsoncraig chap is bang on the ones you love are the key to happiness, I’m lucky iv not had a single blip and I won’t have just kept focused on kids and the missis, I’m taking one for the team there all healthy and happy jobs a bloody good en. I’m half fecked new stuff seems to appear by the week but meh 😂 feel lucky to be here. Feck you in the eyes MS and eat sh1t 😂

stumbler
3 weeks ago

@doubleo7hud , you have a way with words. Very genteel. 😉

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.