Last reply 4 weeks ago
Plegridy or Techfidera

My daughter was recently diagnosed with RRMS has been offered plegridy or Techfidera. She is 20 years old. Any thoughts or suggestions as which is the best one to go for?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

highlander
4 weeks ago

Hi @msmothersucker
The choice of DMT is really down to your daughter, there are pro’s and con’s for both.
I’m on Tec myself, not for to long so have no idea whether it’s doing any good, as I said only using it for a couple of months.
What I can say is I’ve had most of the SFX that are highlighted apart from stomach probs but I had army food for ten years to harden me up.
They are mostly short lived and aren’t that bothersome.
Oh and I have had a runny nose from the get go .
My handkerchief drawer is now full.
I’m sure you’ll get a few more options soon.
Keep smiling

aabreu
4 weeks ago

Tecfidera didn’t work for me. Took it about 13 months. I ended up doing the HSCT procedure.

hmcampos
4 weeks ago

Hello @msmothersucker,

I am on Tecfidera as well. Had a rough start with stomach pain on the first week but things got better afterwards. Only side effects now are the occasional flush and the runny nose which I manage by eating well prior to taking the pill. Also drink protein in powder which I find very helpful.

It really is her choice as @highlander says but all in all Tec, for me, was a good choice, been on it for almost 3 years now.

Wishing you both all the best, hope you daughter has smooth start on DMTs.

H

vixen
4 weeks ago

Hi there, I’m on Tec too. There are lots of tips here via the search box on how to lessen the likelihood of effects. It was totally the right lifestyle and convenience choice for me. Good luck!

stumbler
4 weeks ago

lightning87
4 weeks ago

It is a personal choice. For me, I went for Tecfidera. Luckily no side effects for me (but know I have been lucky there) and only time will tell if it works.

If your daughter wants any support please point her to this website as it is an amazing place for those recently diagnosed.

x

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.