Last reply 1 year ago
Please sign Barts petition to pharma :-)

Many of you are reading Barts MS research blog which is a great resource – they currently have a petition to get EliLilly to release the results from a clinical trial of tabalumab in MS.
To make the long story short: pharma company(EliLilly) have asked nice people with MS to take their drug in a clinical trial, but never released the results. Which probably means that the drug did not work in MS. But the data on how it failed is IMPORTANT because:
1. it can give a hint as to what is going on in the immunology of MS
2. it can prevent other companies doing similar trials with drugs of the same type
3. it would be sort of nice of Lilly to give us back something if we as MS patients give our time to research and participate in trials

So if you have a chance, please sign. BIG THANKS :-)))
http://multiple-sclerosis-research.blogspot.com/

If any of you have been in that trial(or know anybody who has) Barts would like to hear from you

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

Petition signed. 😉

caterpillar
1 year ago

Thank you! (and gosh you are quick! )

stumbler
1 year ago

That’s what my wife has always said to me, @caterpillar! 😕 😉

caterpillar
1 year ago

ladies are always right, you see! 😉

stumbler
1 year ago

I can’t disagree with that, @caterpillar .

PS. My wife told me to say that. :mrgreen:

tracyd
1 year ago

Signed 🙂

(as a wife I chose to do this without consultation / permission) 🙂 xxx

redrighthand
1 year ago

Signed. This is a problem across pharmaceutical research. There’s no requirement for the results of trials to be published so, more often than not, companies choose not to publish if a trial doesn’t show the results they’re looking for. The results of around half of clinical trials are never published. There’s a campaign named AllTrials (http://alltrials.net) calling for all past and present clinical trials to be registered and their methods and results reported.

caterpillar
1 year ago

Thanks @tracyd and @redrighthand :-). In theory companies are required to register the clinical trials at clinicaltrials.gov (and tabalumab trial was registered), but it does not help much if the results never come up.

tessa
1 year ago

Signed yesterday! Anything to help Prof G who I have seen! His dedication despite all the set backs is amazing

red-suzuki
1 year ago

Signed on 2/03/17. Red 😉

caterpillar
1 year ago

Thanks @tessa and @red-suzuki :-). If people volunteer their time in the clinical trials (and it is a lot of time and effort + some risk + not getting the treatment that we know works while being on the trial drug) then the results should be used to learn more about MS, not stuffed in a dusty pharma drawer.

cherish
1 year ago

🖒xx

cheshirecat
1 year ago

Done. This is important. After all we have the right to know.

kinga
1 year ago

Will sign!

caterpillar
1 year ago

Big thanks @cherish, @cheshirecat and @kinga 🙂 All help is very much appreciated.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.