Last reply 3 months ago
PIP tribunal

Hello everyone, I have my tribunal for my PIP appeal on Monday afternoon! I am getting quite nervous about it. Just wondering if anyone else has been through it? I’m not sure what to expect. A lot of my symptoms are sensory and I suffer greatly with fatigue at times. Any tips on what to say when I’m in there? I don’t want to say the wrong thing!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

edmontonalberta
3 months ago

@julesds1977

Medical records carry the most weight. So long as your physician records are thorough & part of your files, this would help a lot.

The thing to remember is that an appeal process is not on your side – they exist to deny you money.

Say nothing that will assist them – don’t lie yet don’t say anything about a good day that happens every now & then. Mention the bad days & experiences… Just my thoughts.

stumbler
3 months ago

@julesds1977 , if you put “PIP Tribunal” into the Forum Search (magnifying glass, top left), you’ll see some previous conversations.

Just recently, I’m aware of very favourable results for MSers at PIP Tribunals.

peterfrancis
3 months ago

@julesds1977

I wish you all the best with it, good luck.

Just ensure that you have all the relevant medical info with you.

Hopefully it goes in your favour.

grandma
3 months ago

Am in the middle of this myself at the moment so can totally emphasise. Go in there and be honest, but stand up for yourself. The advice from my advocate, is to play the disabled person, mine will be in front of a judge at our local magistrates court, the advocate mentioned that the judges have no idea what life is really like for us, have a blinkered approach to disability, I.e. we should be in an electric wheelchair with a tartan blanket over our knees and preferably drooling! They do not have a diabled person in their household and usually have enough money to pay the bills without thinking about it, keep this in mind when you go in there. They have no idea what life us really like for us, so try and make them understand what our additional costs are just from being disabled. Good luck🥊😍

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.