katfight 15/10/14
Last reply 3 years ago
pip results

I am entitled to enhanced rate of daily living component and back pay from Jan.. i am not entitled to any mobility

So OMG i got accepted i am happy as some stress has just lifted away.. id rather have mobility tho as getting buses is a nightmare lol

I am so not ungrateful tho, this has been a long difficult process as I’m sure u all know so yey thanks everyone for help with it 🙂

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

Not quite winning the lottery, but a pleasant result, eh! 🙂

northernlass
3 years ago

Fantastic news @catfight and the back payment sounds fab .. but are you able to appeal the mobility decision do you ??.. maybe if you are receiving some daily care payments it wouldn’t be quite so bad to wait for ages for their decision on an appeal of the mobility..and you could prepare yourself better for their questions. I’ve been waiting 23 weeks so far but am told 26 weeks plus is not unheard of… :-/ but thrilled for you about getting something 🙂

katfight
3 years ago

@northernlass i think it was 28 weeks wait in the end. On the letter it says I can appeal the decision, but I have been on Google looking at how to appeal and I’ve come across lots of forum’s that say if u appeal only one part ur whole claim is looked at again and cud b cancelled. I wish I looked up the things that I’d be asked before for a heads up.. so appeal or not, I don’t risk losing what they’ve agreed to! Hmmmm!!!?? Lol x

northernlass
3 years ago

Fair do’s @catfight .. if you are happy with the amount you have been awarded and going to be back paid then that is all good.. 😀 maybe when you have got your claim up and running for a few months you could maybe ask about how to reapply for mobility if your situation changes..?? 😀

katfight
3 years ago

@northernlass that sounds like a great idea, I think I’ll see how it goes and then maybe do just that. When is your appointment? X

jman
3 years ago

I’m not looking forward to my PIP assesment next year, as I very much doubt I’ll be getting equivalent mobility componenet as I do with my DLA..

Still well prepared, I hope to tackle that when the time comes.

northernlass
3 years ago

Hi @catfight When I phoned up to find out how things are progressing I was told I had only waited 22 weeks at the time and an assessor may or may not come to visit and the time scale could be 26 weeks plus to wait.. I don’t get why they have to keep us all waiting for so so long..?? and the fact that they may not even have to send an assessor as they don’t do it for everyone..!! :-/ And best of luck jman with your assessment next year.. I was told if it’s a transition from DLA to PIP it should be quite straight forward but we have yet to see (my son is in the same boat next year). What did the assessment entail then @catfight ..?? even reading up about it is not true preparation for it so I am a bit wary of what they have to know..??

katfight
3 years ago

@northernlass i have viewed a few links but this one seems to be the most exact. The assessor i saw literally sat in my home with her laptop and asked me these questions, I had to get the meds i was on so she cud see them and explain the auto injector used for copaxone. At the end of the assessment i had to stand and reach my hands above my head and then move my head to the side. I was open in saying I can walk but stop every 20 yards or so for a min, I don’t cook as I can’t tell temperature but can use a microwave, and I use the walls / a rail in the bathroom to help me stand up from the Bath or toilet. I tend not to go upstairs in my house and I dint have adaptations anywhere or use anything to help me walk. I explained that when I’m at work if I take a call i need to be in silence and stop the conversation to recap and take notes several times as I’ll get confused or just simply forget, I do have a new computer screen that I requested due to my eyes. have a read through the link at the bottom, click on the link on that page called descriptors and if u wanna ask anything specific let me know. Don’t ask me about mobility tho I only scored 4, although I think if I was truthful i cuda scored more.. hey that’s the life of hiding having ms and trying to stay strong lol…

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/wales/benefits_w/benefits_sick_or_disabled_people_and_carers_ew/benefits_personal_independence_payment_e/benefits_the_pip_assessment_e/pip_the_disability_conditions.htm

X

graham100
3 years ago

Catfight.pleases to hear you got your pip sorted, also to hear you can still walk to the bus stop to get the bus? But know what you mean.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.