chate-patel 25/02/15
Last reply 3 years ago
Pip payment but no official comfirmation

Hello fellow MSer

Is it normal to have received pip back pay and 1 months benefit into my account but not to have recieved an official letter from DWP confirming that I have been successful in my claim?

I recieved payment mid Jan (pack pay?) then a payment in mid Feb (4 weeks benefit) from DWP PIP

Anyone experienced the same issue?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

graham100
3 years ago

Actually No. And if I was you I would ring and ask. Not hard to get through and normally helpfull. You need to know before you spend it.

stumbler
3 years ago

You do need their official letter as this will be needed as proof of claim, when you claim other disabled benefits, e.g. blue badge, etc..

So, yes, give them a ring.

northernlass
3 years ago

Defo chase the letter up @Chate as like @stumbler said it will be your proof and enable you to access other benefits.. Disabled persons Rail card (£20), County council disability bus pass (Free) or if you drive, a % deduction on your car tax depending what you have been awarded for mobility I think (I have standard mobility rate so I get 50% reduction in my car tax enhanced rate for mobility is a 100% reduction..)but if you don’t drive and you have someone who drives you where you need to go or they do your shopping for you then they can get the reduction, plus best thing ever invented A BLUE BADGE… 🙂 let us know how you get on.

graham100
3 years ago

I agree the blue badge is very useful when you can get a space that hasn’t been taken by someone without one!!! But since getting one I’ve turned into the blue badge police. lol and it makes yer blood boil.

chate-patel
3 years ago

I rang this morning and they will send another letter out. Apparently they sent one on 14/1 which I never received. Just glad their sending another.

northernlass
3 years ago

Lol @graham100 me too about becoming the Blue badge police… so funny. I just like the fact you can park on double yellow lines for 3 hours (as long as you set the little clock bit and display your badge) that feels so decadent 🙂 and I think if you can’t find a disabled parking spot (for example in the supermarket) you can park in a parent and child spot guilt free (!!!) I’ve had to do it twice and got some stares until I limped out of my car with my walking stick and people stopped glaring (maybe just my guilt creating paranoia there.. :-/ )

northernlass
3 years ago

Glad to hear they will send a replacement letter @chate and then you will know where they allocated points and for what reasons too 🙂

graham100
3 years ago

Haha. Iv bit my tounge a couple of times. When iv said to my wife. They don’t look disabled. Then out came the wheelchair. DOh (shut my mouth)

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.