chate-patel 28/01/15
Last reply 3 years ago
PIP payment

I had my consultation with ATOS in December, a letter saying that they had received my report at the DWP a couple of week ago…

I then received a payment from DWP PIP into my bank account last week (nearly £2000) but I’ve not received any letter confirming whether I was successful in my claim?

What can this be???

Back payment, as I originally applied back in mid September???

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

@Chate , on a successful application for PIP, payments are made to you from the date of your original application. So, yes, you will get a back payment.

It’s a shame they can’t move the rest of their bureaucracy as quick. 😉

chate-patel
3 years ago

So @stumbler, does this payment I recieved last week mean that I’ve been successful??

stumbler
3 years ago

@Chate, I think that’s a fair assumption. Either that, or the DWP are giving out financial presents! lol 😆

I’m sure you’ll get a confirmation through soon.

graham100
3 years ago

When I spoke to the job centre place the other day, told them I had still not had an atos assessment, he said it’s not atos anymore?? I’m waiting for them to decide that I cannot work anymore.

graham100
3 years ago

@chate. Don’t spend it all yet. In case they want it back. They won’t wait as long as they make us wait. Lol. Good for you. Hope it helps lots.

chate-patel
3 years ago

@graham100 I definetly won’t touch a penny until I get 100% confimation from DWP. It wouldn’t surprise me if it’s an error! We’ll see soon I hope…

northernlass
3 years ago

Fantastic news @Chate .. work out how many weeks since your DX or when you applied for PIP go on their website and work out their rates sounds like it will be either standard rate care or standard rate care and mobility or maybe just standard rate mobility.. so times the amount of each scenario of cash amount by however many weeks you’ve been waiting and the nearest sum to the two grand should give you an idea as to what you have qualified for.. I think @stumbler is right you will get your letter soon 🙂 keep the letter safe as it could be your ticket to other benefits or discounts too .. like mine has enabled me to get 50% off my car tax just had to send original letter (photo-copy first for your records) cheque and a few other bits as I had just bought the car 3 days before I got my award :-/ maybe @graham is right just hold back on spending it until you have your letter but start making wish lists on what you want to spend it on… 🙂 Very pleased for you @Chaste

chate-patel
3 years ago

I’m just baffled that I haven’t received a letter yet, but was paid nearly £2000 by them.

Well I was dx in 2005 but only applied back in mid sept 2014.

So that’ll be 18/19 weeks of back pay? I guess.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.