Last reply 6 months ago
Pip form away

That’s my dreaded pip form away 😬 am actually mentally n physically exhausted wiv it now just the anxious wait. Wish I could keep working as I loved my job (nursery nurse) but am putting myself n my little people in danger wiv my balance issues.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

sciencegeek
6 months ago

It’s really sad to have to give up work. Are there any parts of the job you can continue with, or related jobs you can do? Play worker, story time reader at a library? I’m suggesting those as our local children’s centre (when it was open) had a story reader who was disabled and also a play worker who wasn’t very mobile. They both were great at the jobs they did, and presented no risk to children. They didn’t do any carrying or hands on care, but they did do plenty of other fun activities with the kids.

zarah
6 months ago

My local authority that I work for have offered supply work to cover others sick days n pick n chose when to work, like if I get offered a shift n am having a bad day then I just don’t take it hopefully once I start treatment I will hopefully be more functional. There’s nothing round my area like that am aware off might need to do some digging and see what available xxx

peterfrancis
6 months ago

Hi Zarah

It is in many ways sad when you have to call it quits and stop work for the safety of yourself and others. It is the right thing to do however, depending on your diagnosis etc.

Completing the PIP form was a real pain, headache city from what I remember, same questions worded differently each time as I recall, had to laugh at some of them as they were so ridiculous.

It took about 3 weeks for me to get a reply back from ATOS who were handling PIP applications in my area.

Good luck

zarah
6 months ago

Thanks took me 2 weeks to make sure I had enough info for the questions n felt really deflated n exhausted wiv it all. They say not to get stressed wiv ms but it’s the most stressful form I’ve ever had to fill now just the awful wait xxx

peterfrancis
6 months ago

Yeah, life in general is or at least can be stressful enough without the need to complete forms that require you to confirm the last time you went to the toilet…. Was it a number 1 or 2?…. How long did it take?….. Did you need assistance?…. etc, etc, etc.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.