Last reply 1 year ago
PIP ASSESSMENT

Hi i recently underwent a PIP assessment ,at present i get full DLA , just got the letter back today , i have failed on the mobility section ,so loosing 30 pound a week , and not able to get a mobility car, if you could see my mobility you would laugh ,! looks like i am going to go to appeal like so many others,any suggestions forhelp with the appeal ?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

kevanf
1 year ago

I had the same, I got living allowance but failed the mobility part. Comes down to a simple choice really doesnt it. Challenge now or challenge later. I opted for challenge later. My walking is poor, I work part time and find it hard just to move round the building I used to work full time in. I’ve applied for my blue badge and had the OT check last Friday. When I challenge the decision later I will be able to explain my failings better because I obviously didnt the first time. A blue badge will be part of that challenge. What to do next is your choice, the guidence notes explain what they are looking for with pip mobility. I spend a lot of my time ensuring I dont fatigue myself out because then I hit the floor and that hurts. I dont know how to explain that properly at its best so that it sounds convincing though. If you do appeal and are successful please do come back here and comment on it.

hank
1 year ago

thanks , i too failed the mobility part , but i cannot walk without a folding walker, and already have a blue badge, i have been diagnosed for 6 years , but still able to work 4 days a week .Common factor we both do what we can to work , whilst a lot of others without M.S. dont try and get full P.I.P , I will be challenging now , but will get advise.

stumbler
1 year ago

I’m not sure if there’s anything on this website which may be useful to you :-

How to Appeal PIP: Gain Confidence With These 12 Invaluable Tips

No personal recommendation, I’m just aware of the website. 😉

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.