Last reply 3 years ago
PIP accepted me at last

Wow, what a wait that was. I applied back in Febuary for PIP and they came out to see me at my home as I don’t have a means of transport and I tend to feel more vulnerable when I’m using public transport as I usually don’t use it.

I was surprised by my partner, waking me up as I was catching up on lost sleep with her tapping the letter on my head (usually this would frustrate me a lot) but with the works to the effect of “you got it, you got accepted for PIP” my brain snapped awake in disbelief and I had literally only had 2:30min sleep in total between what I got overnight and what rest I got before work.

Now everyone’s circumstances are different with RRMS etc. and you need to bare in mind I have personal difficulties that others won’t have yet or even at all.

Getting this news today put a big smile on my face after having hip troubles the past few days, causing a painful walking stride. I currently have a limp which is very noticeable that even my Boss noticed after I said I was in pain with my hip.

I feel bad that I hobbled around work showing customer to the products because they probably either felt sorry for me or bad about asking me. This is the first time I have continued to go into work in this sort of discomfort, mainly to show everyone I do have something after all and if it gets worse by Monday, I will be call my nurse as it seem like a relapse but I’m not 100% sure.

When I got home I had some really odd sensation in the leg/foot that I have a bad hip with at the moment so that is a sign it might be my MS.

Anyways I will be getting the back payment shortly and having a Christmas to remember as my next child is due any day now. This news couldn’t have come at a better time for me as I won’t have to worry about paying my bills on reduced wages if this is a relapse because of the awards from PIP.

Thank you for reading this far, it’s almost 4am and once again sleep seem impossible again tonight. I’m going to try though as I will have to go to work later if my hip isn’t to bad.

P.s. thanks to @stumbler for the reassurance the other month when my bank was messing with my accounts and God bless you for the work you do here on Shift.ms

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

Sounds like good news for Xmas. Every little bit helps. 😉

northernlass
3 years ago

Fantastic news @mrvelocity .. a very long wait but came at a wonderful time… and your baby on the way too .. 🙂 Lady luck seems to be smiling on you and getting your finances sorted just in time to by the sounds, best wishes to you and your expanding family

northernlass
3 years ago

Hi @mrvelocity I’ve just come across some information that if you are in receipt of higher rate mobility PIP you may also be entitled to free car tax .. worth looking into don’t you think..?? and also a blue badge too 🙂 Good luck

mrvelocity
3 years ago

@northernlass Thank you for pointing this out. I have checked on gov.uk and I qualify for the Blue Card & the road tax is 50% reduction which I should qualify for as I have the Mobility component in my PIP.

stumbler
3 years ago

@mrvelocity , you should find that you can be totally exempt for road tax :-

http://www.disabledmotoring.org/motoring/road-tax-exemption

mrvelocity
3 years ago

@stumbler I will get at least 50% I know that much. I will have to look into it all when my partner gets her license after Cheistmas as she is due to drop right now. I will look into the Blue Card this week as that doesn’t need a license to qualify.

northernlass
3 years ago

Hi That sounds fantastic at least 50% off and the blue badge is just for you so can be used in which ever car you are traveling in.. Card costs a tenner but some car parks are free so you soon make up for the initial outlay.. also some car parks do still charge so be careful about that .. 🙂 I just had a phone call yesterday to say there was an appointment at an assessment centre bloody miles away so I asked if I could be seen at home.. so fingers crossed I am at the top of the list and will be seen soon.. Best of luck with the special arrival coming soon 🙂

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.