Last reply 3 years ago
PIP

Hello,

I was awarded pip and this was until late this year. However, I was very recently reassessed and have found out today that they are taking it away.
I am so distressed about this and I cannot understand. The assessor was very unprofessional and did not ask relevant questions to my form. How on earth she managed to submit a report to the decision maker is beyond me.
I need to work on my letter to explain why they need to reconsider which is going to hurt my hands and cause major fatigue, not that they care.
I have never applied for ESA because this process is just too much so I cannot bear the thought of going through more applying for ESA.

My heart and thoughts go out to others going through this.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Sam xx

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

@samanthathompson , I have been concerned for sometime about the stress that can be caused by these reassessments.

The following post shows the lengths I went to in order to try and get a decent answer from the Government :-

https://shift.ms/topic/dlapip-reassessment-for-uk-readers/

It culminated in a letter coming from Esther McVey, then the Minster for the Disabled.

As I understand the process, you should first ask for the decision to be reviewed. if this is unsuccessful, you can then go to appeal.

Personally, I would go down the required process. But, I would also get your local MP involved. The Assessor seems to be under the impression that MS can be cured! If only that were the case!

If you have been assessed once, I can’t see how a reassessment is suggesting that you’ve improved!

Perhaps that assessor can come down and cure me too.

But, play the game and do what is needed to challenge this. Get your MP involved, they will have a webpage to contact them. And, also get in touch with your local Citizen’s Advice Bureau.

And, try not to let the situation make your MS deteriorate. We all know what these assessors try to do. We also know how often their decisions get reversed.

stumbler
3 years ago

samanthathompson
3 years ago

Thank you Stumbler.

I felt very low after the assessment and tried to think positive whist waiting for the outcome. Now I have it I feel very low again. They have done a complete U-turn. My first assessor was very nice and understood MS very well which was obviously reflected in the decision.
The man I spoke to today was confused as to why I have been refused.
My local MP has voted strongly for a reduction in welfare benefits for the sick so I don’t think he will be of much help 🙁

stumbler
3 years ago

@samanthathompson , yes, I am sure there are areas where there could be welfare cuts, but no one in Government is talking about depriving genuine claimants.

So, yes, contact your MP.

chris
3 years ago

Hi, I can only echo Stumblers advice contact your MP, I went through a similar situation regarding an ESA assessment my MP’s input was invaluable.

Regards Chris.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.