motorsportpete 30/04/15
Last reply 3 years ago
Pins and needles

One of my worst MS problems is pins and needles I get them very bad after I’ve been walking I also get this tingling feeling in my feet all the time that won’t go away is there anything that I can take to stop this

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

@motorsportpete , it’s called dysaesthesia, or paraesthesia (http://www.mstrust.org.uk/atoz/dysaesthesia.jsp)

There are medications to address these symptoms, so have a word with your MS Nurse to progress these. 😉

motorsportpete
3 years ago

That’s great thanks

freya29
3 years ago

Hay, i get the same feelings in my legs. Its such a strange sensation. I was told there was nothing you could take to alleviate this so im glad to hear there might be something to ask about when I see my MS nurse next week. Thanks stumbler 🙂

k*s
3 years ago

Hey,

I have been reading up on Neuropathic pain,dysaesthesia and paraesthesia recently , as I have been getting strange numb/tingly sensations in 3 of my finger tips on my right hand for the past few weeks now and again.
But tonight it has developed and its the three whole fingers that feel crazy, its so uncomfortable!
Would I call this just a symptom or a relapse? Not sure if I should go to the doctors or not?!

Any advice would be great thank you!

Love k*s sparkly hand! 😛 xx

stumbler
3 years ago

Have a read through this webpage for a definition of a relapse:-

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/what-is-ms/types-of-ms/relapsing-remitting-rrms

If you have any concerns, do discuss it with your MS Nurse.

motorsportpete
3 years ago

Well I’ve had this for years never goes away I hate it I’m unsure if it is a relapse best idea would to contact your MS nurse as they have helped me out a lot

reddivine
3 years ago

I have it in my right hand ALL THE TIME. SEE THE MS NURSE. Gabapentin helps but just talk to them. I suffered for 3 weeks before i begged to see the MS nurse.

k*s
3 years ago

Thanks @stumbler, it has been that long since I have and a relapse or new symptom that I have forgotten the difference! 😛
And thanks @motorsportpete and @reddivine I will do, it calmed down after a couple of hours but woke up and my fingers felt a bit stiff and now they feel a little odd again! I will give them a call next week! xx

Have a great weekend! xxxx

reddivine
3 years ago

Its a wierd one and affected by what you do, or TRY to do. See the MS nurse, they can help manage it. A hot wheat bag I use first thing in the morning….its like for sore muscles? you heat in microwave for 1 min.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/WheatyBags-Unscented-Original-Microwave-Relief/dp/B00C25OJ9O

I got mine from Body shop ages ago.

k*s
3 years ago

Thanks @reddivine I spoke with an MS Nurse and it is a new symptom 🙁 but its ok, I just need to keep an eye on it and if it worsens I have to get in touch! So far it has been alright so might have been a little flare up due to stress! Cool I will have a look at those! 😀 xxx

motorsportpete
3 years ago

@reddivine thanks for that I’m going try it will try anything to see if it will help

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.