Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the โ€˜xโ€™.

grandma
1 month ago

@wolfbite1 just started Neuro physiotherapist, arranged by my ms nurse, only been to 1 session which was mostly taken up with assessment. Am going back for 1st proper session in 2 weeks, will report back after, have been given some exercises to be going on with. Trying to alter my gait as I know I’m compensating on one side after years of not trusting one leg to not suddenly collapse under me. Now use a mobility scooter most of the time, but would love to get back on my feet more๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜

watsoncraig
1 month ago

“otago” exercises and modified versions.

stumbler
1 month ago

@wolfbite1 , there’s some exercises in a link at the bottom of this webpage about Balance.

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/balance

Although, having had a look at the Otago exercises, they seem more comprehensive.

The physio will assess you for any specific weaknesses and prescribe exercises for this and to improve your core.

dramaqueen
1 month ago

Speak with your physio about hydrotherapy gentle exercise in water. Warm water normally about 4ft no fear of falling. Safely builds confidence. Some Leisure centres have spa pools this is the same. Our centre does a session for folks with disabilitys. Good luck.

grandma
1 month ago

Youre lucky, we used to have a pool with special sessions for the disabled but the council shut it down a couple of years ago (money saving again!) paid to go to another a couple of miles away but they took away my mobility car a year ago so haven’t swum for over a year. Council & NHS really care about local disabled people I don’t think๐Ÿ‘น๐ŸฅŠ๐Ÿ˜

gary_bennett_1
1 month ago

@wolfbite1 hello I am following a balance program which I DO at the hospital for people like me with issues of balance, it is in the neurology ward for people with different neuro issues. Everyone has different issues. I am on week 7 of eight, that is from tomorrow, they are very simple exercises that are easy to follow. like standing up from sitting down position with eyes open and eyes closed, head turned this way and then that way. Today I am having issues with vertigo and dizziness. I have Added you to my list. I can explain later but you have already started. Today is not a good day for me. You just have to do the exercises that they give you and be positive.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.