Last reply 8 months ago
P.I.P

Hey all…im getting worried..i applied for personal independence payments and they sent me a form back which i filled and returned..received a letter saying they will b calling me for an interview… im nervous..have any of you had the P.I.P assessment…what do they ask you? isit scary?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

stumbler
8 months ago

@sanajb , I wouldn’t say that it’s scary, but you need to do your preparation to understand their purpose in seeing you and what to expect.

There is an overwhelming feeling that this assessment process is flawed. And that the Assessor will be looking to find a reason to fail you. They’re paid on results, i.e. failures.

The process is detailed on this website, https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/ . So, read up, be informed and be prepared.

Forewarned is forearmed!

Good luck

kelics
8 months ago

Hi , yes i had, first time it was rejected and second time i got it. The advice that i was given from ms nurse is to tell the assessor about.ur worst days! They can be harsh, i highly recommend talking to a professional to help u to prepare for pip assessment. Its like a bloody job interview :)))

sanajb
8 months ago

what professional would be the best choice to talk to?

sanajb
8 months ago

kelics
8 months ago

Here in Aberdeen city council have advisers that can provide advice on a relevant subject, maybe phone local council and ask?

Also MS nurse, and ur neurologist will be able to give u a useful advice.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.