Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

funnybank
5 years ago

i find the promotion of dmd’s very confusing as everyones progression is different. and the best statistics that are given are only a little above placebo. i have been managing my ms for a long time without steroids or dmds. i also know what foods work for me in terms of maximising energy. i also get a shiatsu as often as i can to manage muscle and neuropathic pain, i should do yoga but hardly get the time with the kids. i take d3. i certainly haven’t been symptom free. i also know someone who has only had one attack in a number of years but i don’t think she follows any particular method.
it’s a question i have been thinking about as i feel i have a responsibility to be doing everything i can to keep myself healthy for my kids and taking dmds seems to be the next step in treatment.

DJDsouza
5 years ago

cameron
5 years ago

Nobody knows what their individual MS course will be. I chose to go on drugs after being very strongly advised to by the neuro. I trust him and I know he’s at the forefront of MS research. But I also try and follow the OMS approach as far as I can. The drugs are the insurance policy.

jat721
5 years ago

I actually just ordered that book and a few others yesterday from thriftbooks.com (They were all around $4 with free shipping)I am on dmds but I’m currently recovering from a relapse again, and I’m also trying to get pregnant, so I know that I need to do more than just dmds, because I know I’ll have to stop them if i ever do get pregnant. I want to do everything I can to prevent more relapses and progression of this disease, not only for my own piece of mind, but also for my husband and future kids. It terrifies me that I wouldn’t be able to take care of my family how I’ve always imagined. I figured whatever I try, I’ll never know the exact affect it’s having on the outcome of my ms, but any changes I make would be healthy ones and affect regular me in a positive way, so it can’t hurt to try. Sorry for my ramble, I’m sure it doesn’t make any sense…

cameron
5 years ago

The neuro told me I might well feel better on the swank diet but that it wouldn’t alter the long-term disease course. By that I think he meant that the moment when relapsing-remitting becomes secondary progressive. But I’m sure that living well – however you interpret that – helps you avoid relapses and that is a good end in itself. I think it’s part of a jigsaw – dmds are another part, losing stress is another. As you say, it can’t do you any harm – unless it makes you miserable.

Linzixx
5 years ago

I am following the OMS diet, and like jat721, if I do want to start a family I will have to come off the meds and will be effectively looking after myself. Everyone now says how well I look, and I feel so much healthier! They don’t think my Copaxone is working so definitely time to try it for me. I don’t want to rely on the drugs, I want to look after myself the best I can.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.