daveydingle 15/01/13
Last reply 5 years ago
Orthotics leg brace for hyperextension.

Well I’ve had this thing for a week now and it’s solved one problem but created others !
The good news is the painful right knee is almost non existent when I’ve got the thing on , but unless i’ve got the thing on tight enough to cut off the blood flow to my leg , My foot slips and slides around inside and i’m on foot blister number 3 !(one big one on my foot instep and two on my heel).
I love the way it pulls my toes up so i’m not facing the concrete every now and again , but the blisters are driving me nuts !
Any suggestions anyone?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

5 years ago

Will message you privately with info (boring and longwinded for this forum) but basically I think you may have been prescribed the wrong brace, as I was initially.

5 years ago

My brace is attached to my shoe it’s a bit longwinded to put on but no probs with blisters or heat problems not sure what kind you have but definitely worth discussing your problem with the person who fitted you in the first place ! Blisters can cause you to walk wrongly wich can cause even more problems long term ! Sorry to be so negative but just be aware ! All the best femke xx

5 years ago

My Brace was made from a cast taken from my leg. It fits inside the shoe eventually ! I’m happy it’s picked my toes up,but like you said, the blisters are making me walk a bit funny , so i’m still hanging in there at the moment ! Got to go back to the hospital in 5 weeks to see how I’m getting on ,so we’ll see !

5 years ago

You can always ask for a an earlier appointment ! In the meantime put the special blister plasters on and be aware of infections ! Xxx all the best femke

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.