Last reply 6 days ago
Olive leaf extract

Hello…. I will be starting Ocrevus soon. I take olive leaf extract daily which I find is amazing for beating off colds etc as it’s a high antioxidant.
Just wondered if anyone knew if it’s safe to still take after having Ocrevus to keep my immune system as strong as it can be? I read somewhere that you shouldn’t take echinacea, and wondered if this would be similar.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

highlander
6 days ago

Hi @pippa87
Welcome to the club.
If you’re unsure about it ask your Neuro or MS nurse.
I very much doubt it will be a problem. BUT it could upset the way your meds work, so just ask them then you’ll know for sure.
Hope everything goes well for you.
Welcome again.

pippa87
6 days ago

@highlander
Thank you, I will double check with my nurse 😊
Hoping Ocrevus does the trick!!

highlander
6 days ago

@pippa87
If you look under your post you’ll see a box marked Ocrevus, that will take you to what others have commented about it.
Hope it goes well for you.
Feel free to ask anything you like we’re all here to try and help out.

pippa87
6 days ago

@highlander
Thank you for the warm welcome 😊

dominics
6 days ago

Hi. I take Ocrelizumab (Ocrevus). and am in the UK.

FWIW – https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-233/olive

The word ‘may’ features heavily on all the promotional literature. Some of the potential benefits have merely been extrapolated from Olive Oil. SOunds logical, hard to make that leap without actual proper science to back it up.

I have never been cautioned off any olive related products and I seem to be under the care of the most paranoid (in a nice way!) medical team. I can’t imagine there will be any interactions of concern. Like @highlander says, check with the experts.

If you are in Cambridge I imagine you are at Addenbrookes, a pretty damn high calibre MS centre, so I imagine you are in good hands with Prof Coles crew.

Best of luck. When is the first infusion?

pippa87
6 days ago

@dominics
Oh thanks, that’s good to hear, I shall make sure I double check though!
Yes, I am very lucky to be able to attend addenbrookes, they are all lovely and are looking after me very well! First infusion is 8th July. Any tips anyone has will be much appreciated.
Do you know if you’re allowed to drink any alcohol between the first infusion? I have a dinner dance 6 days after the first infusion and would like to have a couple of glasses of champagne if I can (not go crazy!) but didn’t know if this is not recommended. I guess that’s something I will check also with my ms team.

dominics
6 days ago

I’ve never had issues with booze, especially champagne 🙂 Getting legless is probably best to avoid, regardless.

Like @stumbler said – go to the search facility and type in Ocrevus.

Many qu will be answered.

pippa87
6 days ago

@dominics
Thanks for all your advice!

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.