Last reply 3 weeks ago
Oh well (big sigh)

Does anybody have those days where you just think what’s the point. No use to anyone or anything. Struggle on the legs, stiffness, always tired, feeling weak. I’m not talking about death but just think why? Fed up of hoping and waiting for anything positive to happen to me. Just fed up with it all

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

vixen
3 weeks ago

@rotheramdave, where is that chirpy northern spark? Do you know what, I think it might have something to do with being Bank Holiday weekend. I mean, everyone looks forward to it, is planning something, is having time off and out. Whereas for us, one day is much the same as all the other days. Bit of a struggle, bit of a void. I am normally quite a chipper person but I’m feeling it a bit today too. Anyways, we are entitled to these days every so often, and so be it. Hope you feel lighter soon. I cheered myself up yesterday by investigating where we are with Myelin trials, that gives us all a bit of hope xx

annakonuh
3 weeks ago

@rotherhamdave Of course, every day. But at such moments I try to immerse myself in work, put on my headphones, turn on my favorite group and fly away … so that there are no extraneous thoughts …

rotherhamdave
3 weeks ago

@vixen @annakonuh

I’m still a chirpy northerner I just get fed up time to time, It shows I am human lol

It’s just Groundhog Day most of the time. I’m still me but struggle. My personality won’t change. I’m still the same person that people know me as. Fun with a good sense of humour and always up for a laugh

stumbler
3 weeks ago

@rotherhamdave , we carry a huge burden around with us, so it’s acceptable for us to feel down and sorry for ourselves on occasions.

So, allow yourself this time, but don’t dwell on it too long. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself down and start all over again (go on, sing along, I dare you!). 😉

arya
3 weeks ago

Hi! The only medicine for gloomy days is doing what you love with your favourite people.
When tou think you’re no use, remember that the best things have no use at all: music, art, poetry are “pointless” dreams, but life without them would be just boring.
I’m sure you have so much to give to other people.
Wish you the best

rotherhamdave
3 weeks ago

@stumbler

🎤 Don’t lose your confidence
If you slip
Be grateful for a pleasant trip
And pick yourself up,
Dust yourself off
And start all over again.

highlander
3 weeks ago

@rotherhamdave
It’s Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
After you’ve said that 3 times smile😃

rotherhamdave
3 weeks ago

@highlander

🎤 Even though the sound of it
Is something quite atrocious
If you say it loud enough
You’ll always sound precocious
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

annakonuh
3 weeks ago

@rotherhamdave Yes, in this regard, I understand you very well (especially about the groundhog day :)). By the way, it’s very good that you have a cat. Cats are the best “antidepressants” in the world. I have long been convinced of this ..

trebormaharg
3 weeks ago

I had a reply written earlier on but I’m also having one of those days and I’m completely fed up and never got around to pressing submit and my kids are driving me mad and my legs aren’t behaving and I needed to change my trousers after an accident after picking up my kids from school and I have to go to work tomorrow and I’m worried it’s all going to happen again!! I reckon we all have those days but who cares, we’ll carry on regardless . Personally I just sit down and rest as much as I can, slip back into my routine. try and exercise and eat well. Meditation helps me a lot. I don’t have the words to make you feel better but I wish you all the very best you’re not alone.

manc1
3 weeks ago

@rotherhamdave,
without belittling MS problems, try supporting Hartlepool United. Followed them for nearly 50 yrs.

pwilsonlondon
3 weeks ago

@rotherhamdave It can be lonely and it can be tough. I agree with everyone’s comments and feel that It would not be normal if we didn’t have those feelings from time to time. But don’t let it stop you from being you. Those types of days are fine as long as they are limited and do
Not become a significant problem. Be with the people you love and do the things that make you happy. Best of luck to you Sir! 🙂

rotherhamdave
3 weeks ago

@manc1

Unlucky, same Geoff stelling

chezy17
3 weeks ago

I find a few beers help…I think life is too short to think like that. I guess it’s easier for me to think like that but I’ve had my fair share of wtf moments in the last few years to think whatever 😂😂😂

rainbow
3 weeks ago

@rotherhamdave yeah totally know where your coming from. Ive been feeling like that a lot lately, ive ended up on crutches. But I’ve been doing all the right things, effective DMD, good diet but still getting worse. So yeah it does get frustrating and I get the feeling of uselessness. I don’t have any answers but just wanted to say I get where you are coming from. I guess it is good to say how your feeling, better to let it out than bottle these feeling up.

Take care of yourself

rotherhamdave
3 weeks ago

Thanks for posting everyone. I’m glad it’s not just me.

I’m ok just wish my legs are

chezn87
3 weeks ago

So glad I’m not the only one @rotherhamdave 😞 been feeling exactly the same the past few days I don’t know if it’s stress or the weather, got sent home from work last week any got my poor mum running after me and the girls, feel so bloody useless 😢 hope you feel back to your usual cheery self soon!

watsoncraig
3 weeks ago

@rotherhamdave Yesterday and today, but thankfully me daughter is off work just now and cheers me up

peterfrancis
3 weeks ago

@rotherhamdave

Yep, every minute of every day… Been like this for years, was only diagnosed about 18 months ago, have had the negative mindset for years.

Can’t honestly remember ever being positive about anything, even my own achievements just get a simple nod of the head and shrug of the shoulders… Sometimes involuntarily.

rotherhamdave
3 weeks ago

It’s a shower for us all int it

rotherhamdave
3 weeks ago

I did it to myself again didn’t I . I was feeling crap as it was but I had my Asda shopping delivery today . I had to put it away all myself as there is no help around with people out working and no family nearby . Anyhow I did it and it did me I was absolutely knackered glad it’s done tho

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.