red-suzuki 24/05/17
Last reply 12 months ago
…oh joy of joys..

….the sun…so hot……phew….. don’t get me wrong I love the sun, the plants are loving it…….its just a shame it don’t like me…..back to the shade :-0….Red (face, arms….) xx

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

islandgal
12 months ago

Hey boy do i relate! Thought id ventre to local shops earlia , i cant really do anything as my symptoms are stopping me more now .well bad move …heat killed me off in 15 mins !!glad i made it home in car before collapsing on sofa! God its sooo frustrating .the heat and ms is like the off switch stays down lol .
Weve got all friggin summer to go yet beibf in meltdown.im keeping ice packs in freezer to keep me cool as months go on.

merfield
12 months ago

Just had a salad by the river in the shade ( with furry friend!!! )..tooooo hot in the sun!!! Someone said 30 by the end of the week…..I’ll be in the coolest part of the house – the North – for the duration😕
I also love seeing the sun but MS must wreck the thermostat along with other parts. Hey ho….
Stay cool 🍺❄️

red-suzuki
12 months ago

Heehee @merfield…theirs me thinking I don’t know any vegetarian dogs….does she like salad then?….nice by the river though…..I think it’ll be some of what @islandgal says & you’ve said…..the coolest part of the house for rest of week….30○….yeah gods….really not looking forward to that….ment to be heading to Cambridgeshire tomorrow to see a friend, will have to go early, but coming back, could be interesting…..watching the inbuilt thermostat on/off switch…stay cool too 💦

islandgal
12 months ago

Nice one suz! Glad you got out there and survuved …just.my thermostat seems to be broken…not sure if screwfix could help me out on this one.i wish you a safe journey back from Cambridge tomoz as im sure youll be waining by then. Im one to lay n tan but cant go all day no more…such a bummer , its a hard life for us ms er lot😄

potter
12 months ago

Our heat is suppose to be here by the weekend not looking forward to it. I’ll have to freeze some water bottles, they are great to put on your neck when you have gotten too much heat. I keep a small cooler in my car with me all summer water and frozen bottles. Kansas can have temperatures over 110F for a month at a time during the summer. Our central air broke a couple of years ago at the end of September, it was still getting up to 105F. We had to go buy a window airconditoner for our bedroom while we waited on our new unit. I spent two weeks in my bedroom, it has it’s own bathroom and a loveseat where you can watch TV. My husband would make a light dinner or pick something up and we would sit on the loveseat and have dinner. Life with MS may be hard but it is never boring. Potter

Anonymous
12 months ago

You should all come to Scotland! Much cooler ….. rainy and a bit windy lol

I do feel for you all when I have been down south the heat is very intense and I know it made my symptoms worse.

Oh – Just watching the weather, tomorrow it’s to be warm here too ….hmmmmm….. no one copes well with the heat up here

xxx

red-suzuki
12 months ago

Here @islandgal…sure screw fix wouldn’t know where to start if you went in and asked ‘can you fix my thermostat’…made me larf……thanks, made it after 7.30 start to friends house in Cambridgeshire, though traffic tried its hardest to throw spanners in the works….getting back will be interesting, possible or definite waining involved ;-). xx

oh my @potter & i thought we had it bad here, not sure would cope with those temperatures……we don’t have BBQ’s that get that hot her… .’-)…….yeah have used the frozen bottle idea or cold water on wrists trick before…ahh the loveseat, one of the nicest things at end of a hot day, you can have, watching the world as it goes to sleep for the day….as you say ‘life with MS may be hard, but it is never boring’…xx

I think you are so right, get some red hair & white skin & all move up to Scotland for the summer…..seams the rain & wind has gone up north from down here…’its nice to share, don’t you think’…..All best with mini heat wave today, try not to melt….. with all that wode & ginger hair running down the streets, try not to slip or get tangled up :-))….xx

Anonymous
12 months ago

LOL @red-suzuki you are all more than welcome up here. But be prepared we do strip off in the sun and bare all our white skin! But bonus for me since starting Tysabri I have started tanning a bit lol So lunch now and off to strip off with the rest of them! (Or more likely I will just complain it’s too hot! Lol) Enjoy your day out and hope you make it home without too much drama! x

red-suzuki
12 months ago

….well have in the previous past on made it as far as the ‘Fourth of Firth’…..never made inroads into the interior or further north…had a really good work mate who came for Stirling though……not sure if that counts…..LOL well I kind of would fit in I guess as my skin is so white anyway….need to try the Tysabri method I think :-)….Be careful in that sun (look out for shock its sunny signs, as it heats up) on those white bits, enjoy yer haggis sandwich for lunch & thanks, hope make it back later on too….x

merfield
12 months ago

Hey everyone, my new rescue dog has the right idea…..apart from wearing a fur coat!!!! She is in her ‘cave’ ( a black metal cage affair with bed) it’s on a tiled floor in the coolest part of the kitchen. Wish I could fit in……xx safe travels red

Anonymous
12 months ago

@red-suzuki Stirling counts lol I am only in Edinburgh so not up in the highlands lol The Tysabri method is working a treat – they should give it to more people. White skin you would fit it lo Haggis – no way! Yuk not my favourite x

red-suzuki
12 months ago

Oh bless her @merfield …..Intelligence doesn’t have to be big thoughts…..I’d be like you trying to get in the ‘cave’ with her…xx

red-suzuki
12 months ago

Well not sure if replies are getting though….Yeah thank @avrlit, got back ok through the furnace of the A1…. but failed miserably though, cause last night got message from friends wife to say had left laptop there…..lol….so went this morning to get it…hot work…..still, I can respond now & see whats what….sorry to hear about your 2 new lodgers/lesions, Give them 2 lesions hell…..

red-suzuki
12 months ago

Odd msg popped up on phone but not on Shift site….weird…must be lines melting or something…..getting some 403’s too @avrilt …..I think heat wave across the country, & some folk believe there no global warming…..Yeah its gone into inferno down here…left at 8.30 or so this morning…might have been a bit later…car was registering 31…..though it does catch morning sun, though drive down to Cambridgeshire to get laptop settled out at 25….on way back was 32 static & 27 as I drove back….So phew…..sounds like its a tad warm where you are,,,,, hope you are finding some cool though….

stumbler
12 months ago

@red-suzuki , the occasional 403 errors are a known problem, which is presently being investigated.

It’s caused by your ISP (your mobile phone company) dynamically allocating an IP address, which appears on a blacklist. As this IP address is dynamically allocated, you’d probably use a different IP address each time you access Shift.

red-suzuki
12 months ago

Thanks for heads up @stumbler , thought it was something odd going on as its not all the time & only effects the laptop so far. Red

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.