itsnic7 28/04/17
Last reply 11 months ago
Ocrevus vs. Lemtrada

Has anyone who has progressive MS tried the medication Ocrevus? I have progressive MS and my Doctor has mentioned trying Lemtrada or Ocrevus. I was diagnosed in 2013 and have been on Copaxon, Tysabri, Gilynia and now on Aubigio. My disability just keeps progressing, mainly in fatigue, weakness and walking. I’m looking for any thoughts or testimony for either medication, especially if someone has been on both.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

@itsnic7 , I’ve not heard of anyone who is Primary Progressive (PPMS), who has tried Lemtrada.

I’m surprised you have such a trail of attempted Disease Modifying Treatments (DMTs), as none of them seem to work for PPMS.

However, Ocrevus has been subject of clinical trials for PPMS. It has just been licensed by your FDA, having been streamlined through the regulatory process.

hank
1 year ago

like stumbler and you i have PPMS i have been diagnosed for 6 years and have always been told there is no treatment for PPMS but that if new drug that has just been licenced by FDA is approved by NICE this year it will be prescribed for me as the only thing which will slow down progression of PPMS.

yours martin

byron_poisel
11 months ago

I have ppms also and I will be starting ocrevus in a few weeks. I have researched a lot and for me it looks like the best option. I can give you updates on how it is working for me when I start if you would like.

tracyd
11 months ago

@itsnic7

Things to bear in mind ….

In the UK Lemtrada is NOT approved for the treatment of progressive forms of MS because it was NOT proven in trials to provide a sufficiently quantifiable benefits for progressive patients. (feel free to make your own judgements regarding the why’s a where fores of the US Medical insurance industry pushing such an expensive drug (approx $500k per round) on patients which other countries won’t provide for progressive because it’s regarded as being effective)

Ocrevus is still in trials in both the US and UK, HOWEVER Ocrevus has shown such big improvements for patients with progressive forms of MS that despite it not currently fully approved in the US by the FDA the decision was made byt the FDA to make it available for progressive patients only on special lisence BECAUSE it’s results were so impressive for progressive patients …..

based on those 2 pieces of infomration alone …..

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.