Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

dominics
1 month ago

This is an interesting read. I take the Big O and am due the second round in early June, so pay close attention to these things. Don’t be alarmed but do be fully aware.

If anything deteriorates quickly you need to throw a mild hissy fit and show them this article. Well, that’s what I plan on doing if I get ill quickly.

https://multiple-sclerosis-research.org/2019/04/ocrelizumabs-known-unknowns/

mlgilber1
1 month ago

I get sick less. I was worried about this too and I have a son who gets sick a lot and I haven’t been sick while on Ocrevus since starting in October and I’ve been around my son while he’s been sick a few times this year.

jreberg74gmail
1 month ago

@dominics. And @mlgilber1, thanks for the link and the information. I cant remember the last time i was sick and am leary of what the new future holds.

dominics
1 month ago

I can’t say if it is anymore or less. My wife is a primary school teacher and is therefore surrounded by a germy swap of little darlings at all times. I reckon that’ll be the death of me!

Beta-Interferon was the unpleasant one. It felt like it only needed for someone to cough next door and Id have a week of some unspecified lurgy.

I remain a little bit on edge if I do get ill. Trying to balance between being a hypochondriac worrier and sensibly aware!

djharborth
3 days ago

Hi I started Ocrevus 2 years ago ….. and before MS (3yrs ago diagnosed) I was never really sick and never had the flu… But Ocrevus has changed that… it’s a double edged sword as it is keeping my MS inactive but also keeping me immune suppressed….
I got type A flu 3 weeks ago that turned into double lobe pneumonia within a week. I was hospitalized for 3 days because I am more at risk.
So while I am sooo happy to have my MS in remission it’s a battle to stay away from all the germs…. I’m a mom of a teenager and toddler ….. it’s definitely a balancing act and I would not choose another therapy over Ocrevus.

-DJ

jreberg74gmail
1 day ago

@djharborth sorry to hear you ended up in the hospital. Thanks for the personal story.

dominics
1 day ago

@djharborth – sounds ghastly.

I presume you are in the US given you had it two years ago? Were you required to have any/many protective vaccinations in the run up to receiving your first infusion?

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.