Last reply 2 weeks ago
Ocrevus

Too much good news? Having chased and got a referral to Barts to see if I am suitable for treatment with Cladribine (big thank you to Prof Giovanonni for his help with that) I get a call from an MS nurse in Leeds today saying I can have Ocrevus. My aged mother took the call in my absence so I will have to clarify how and when on Monday morning. So it seems my cup runneth over. RE Ocrevus am I right in thinking it should slow progression of my PPMS but, I did think it had to be shown that my MS was currently active to receive the drug?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

strictlysoca
2 weeks ago

Excellent news. Nearly spat tea on the screen that Leeds is actually prescribing a relatively new according to NICE treatment and go ahead but then again you did light a fire under them by going to Barts. Just goes to show that not taking no for an answer can work out, Inspirational

nobodyin
2 weeks ago

Dr Ford in Leeds was very helpful when I saw her @ Wharfedale a couple of weeks back being quite happy to help with me getting to Barts, or if I wasn’t suitable for Cladribine to get on an Ocrevus trial in the north, favouring Barts as apposed to trials with the risk of only getting a placebo.
Then NICE changed the game.
Its no consellation for what MS has cost me but, I’m no special case there I guess.

strictlysoca
2 weeks ago

Thanks for the update 😀 interesting to hear.

vixen
2 weeks ago

Hi all, as Dr G from Barts on the video clip on here said, even if not technically eligible, PPMS folk should go and get assessed, as there are other trials in the wings that you could be a part of if you can’t get Ocrevus. Good luck all!

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.