brunnanburgh937 12/01/17
Last reply 11 months ago
Ocrelizumab

NICE how nice are they? I want to quaff a galleon of this stuff when is that likely to be a reality? Are they going to drag their feet on this (oh the irony lol) apart from paracetamol and huge amounts of condescension that’s been my total sum of drugs ?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

@brunnanburgh937 , hopefully there will be a decision later this year. It’ll be down to whether NICE feel that there will be enough “bang for the buck” before they approve it………

Watch this space……….

tessa
1 year ago

@brunannburgh937 And as I have said before there will it is assumed be lots of caveats around prescribing it if it is approved ! I personally am not hopeful . But that’s just how I am feeling at the moment .

lucyh
1 year ago

Hello @brunannburgh937; I believe @tessa is correct…it will be a narrow band of us who are eligible for this drug, for a variety of reasons, funding and specific symptoms being two of them. Still, a chance of something is better than no chance of anything; if eligible, I’ll be in the queue with you!

The good news is that some of these drugs work fabulously for some people (let’s not dwell on the fact that some are useless for some of us!). My friend is on XXXX and mistakenly said to her daughter, when they were having a chat about a past event: ….that was when I had MS….

Her young daughter said: you still have it!!

Best of luck to both of you, lucyh xx

brunnanburgh937
1 year ago

Thanks for all the replies

kevanf
1 year ago

I did read – sorry I didnt note where – looking at giving it to those who have PPMS, new cases and certain neurological conditions covering how much your ms has progressed.
I had a ‘stained’ scan that my neurologist said I would need to be considered. I may find out in March when I see her.

pommykev
11 months ago

Just met my neuro in Australia today.
He thinks this will be available over here around August 2017.
Fingers crossed

mrratcatcher
11 months ago

My Neurologist in conversation said that if it were approved it could be a real step-change in how we are treated as it was the first one suitable for progressives – he was concerned that the hospital he worked at would be swamped and would have real difficulty in practical terms let alone financially keeping up with the queues of people qualified to receive it!

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.