Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

gijs
1 month ago

dmd company?

you mean companies that produce the dmts?

well, I look at it differently, so don’t assume that the reasons are obvious :).

dominics
1 month ago

What are those reasons? They are not obvious to me.

I see the drug manufacturers as the reason why research has progressed as far and as fast as it has. The huge sums of money that they generate for research in the quest t find new and better cures which, when sold, fund ongoing research.

Without understanding the condition first then effective drugs cannot be designed and tested. There is a rough consensus figure that 60% of funding into medical research comes from the manufacturers. I struggle to understand why anyone would not be grateful for that.

Am I missing something?

peterfrancis
1 month ago

@nutshell88

Care to go a little more in depth as to why and elaborate?.

nutshell88
1 month ago

They wound and heal
Their benefits are considered limited to me comparing with their risks
They dont stop relapses completely and yet cost a lot and poisens
They harm main organs as side effect
There no single reason to be grateful in my case i was getting relapses monthly with rebef drove me mental lost plenty of wight ect
Now gileneya could be destroying to my life
My heart hurts me since i begin
Reasons are obvious to me and to my family maybe if thry stopped saving tey could of found a cure

nutshell88
1 month ago

Thanks for sharing your opinions but thats mine

christine_vella
1 month ago

Nutshell88 Im sorry your exerience of DMDs has been so bad! I was put onto tysabri 8 years ago when I was dx and it has been working brilliantly for me…no relapses (and I was walking with crutches before) and last MRI all my lesions were dormant…the benefits far outweigh the risks for me!

lightning87
1 month ago

I am thankful for DMDs – I don’t know if they are working for me yet but it gives me hope.

nutshell88
1 month ago

There is a bit in the body if its safe the whole body is safe
Which is the heart i accepted to harm my self not to cure it but to delay whats meant to be honestly
Im a person with a bad temper thinking about it this way makes me feel i fell in a hole without end
If i age and get heart disease wouldnt it be in worse condition because I poisoned it manipulated with it
It doesnt have side effect a part of making me angry most of my day tense reactions but thats probably not a side effect of it but side effect of my everlasting refusal

nutshell88
1 month ago

My family says its ok take it easy its not simple but do you have another solution
My answer is no
I sadly cant think of any other option

mamawals
1 month ago

I’m not sure I’d go as far as to say I’m not grateful for something that can help me, but I agree that the drug companies have an inherent conflict of interest when it comes to developing a cure. They have a responsibility to their shareholders. Forbes had a good article about this a year ago. They can make money through maintenance drugs, but a cure would only make them money for a limited time. That’s why government funded research is so important.

nutshell88
1 month ago

I think of it like this
If i was thirsty and starving to death in the north pole
Someone took so much money of me to give me Icy cola on empty stomach
To survive dying
Of course i have the right to be grateful to him or not

Its a trade they take their right and more even

chezy17
1 month ago

Yes dmds come with side affects and I guess I won’t know if they’re working or not for abit but we inhale and are around toxins all the time so does that mean we lock ourselves away and wrap ourselves in cotton wool? No, I’d rather live 😊.

I wanted to manage without dmds but if it keeps it at bay and halts progression so I can live and enjoy life than I’ll take it!

nutshell88
1 month ago

@chezy17 sure im not gonna stop it not now even tho i can not toich my chest from my heart pain constantly what a rout

chezy17
1 month ago

Chest pain may not be down to your meds, when I had a relapse, the lesion on my spine happened to upset a nerve that went to my chest. I felt like I was having a heart attack and every now and then when I’m tired or cold, it starts to hurt. X

nutshell88
1 month ago

@chezy17
Yeah i had that relapse on 2012
I hope it never return i was even sweating almost called emergency but when i read about it online i stopped it only lasted few hours
But this pain I literally feel it my heart side only the left side

nutshell88
1 month ago

@chezy17 but no worries about my rumble

chezy17
1 month ago

Mine was also my left side which is why I don’t think it’s the dmd’s chick, it could be that you’re worrying about the dmds your taking hence it making previous symptoms flare up. Smile, and just keep on living your life 😁.

nutshell88
1 month ago

I hope not but its since day 1 of taking it
It just get worse some days x
I havent eaten well today and I slept last nught 4 hrs only

I love dark ☕️
And 4 cups of tea and arabian coffems nurse told me if anyone took something too much it would be harmful
I better cut down caff

nutshell88
1 month ago

@chezy17 thanks for ur comforting replies x

chezy17
1 month ago

No coffee is life lol!

If it’s any consolation, January has been a rubbish month for me with the cold weather. It’s been mentally, physically and emotionally draining so even I have my bad days. Just smile and get back up right 💪. Hope you’re feeling better chick? X

nutshell88
1 month ago

@chezy17
Now I understand the bad moon its due to pediod probably
Yeah good and bad day
Im glad i never got a relapse since I started Gilenya at least 😉

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.