Last reply 4 months ago
Non-progressive/benign(?) MS

Hello all.

I was originally diagnosed with MS in 2002. Optical neuritis was my main symptom – in the following years I had a few unexplained falls, just walking one moment and dropping on the pavement the other, developed depression, hypothyroidism (connected? I don’t know) and fatigue.

My last check was 2 years ago, and was given this Non-Progressive diagnosis (apparently I only have a SMALL black spot on my spine….’but do come back if anything changes’….

I’m feeling quite abandoned, to be honest. I am always tired, feeling sick tired, I need to parse my energies very carefully, I have diffuse ache in my back and lower body, my legs are pained/or stiff…some brain frog and random dyslexia (which, yes, I note, because I am a writer and I am used to use my brain and linguistic skills..)

It’s like, because my symptoms are not dramatic enough – and I try to hold myself together and deal with it, then I can be ignored. 🙁

Any advice/ideas/comments?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

cosine
4 months ago

When are you due another MRI? Keep nagging the GP!

sil67
4 months ago

@cosine thanks for replying! There is no MRI due, as far as I know, ‘unless I develop new symptoms’… I will talk to my GP, yes, thank you.

stumbler
4 months ago

@sil67 , yes, I agree. Your GP is your Primary Care Provider so should be your first point of contact. They will decide whether to refer you back to the Neurologist or not.

vixen
4 months ago

Hello @sil67, you definitely need a maintenance check if nothing else. When you say random dyslexia, do you mean getting letters mixed up? T the very least, would be good to get some blood tests which you could get through your GP. All the best

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.