Last reply 1 week ago
Non PC (i warn you)

Turns out I did do things around the house,
fit lightbulbs
put things in/get them out the scary loft
fit window blinds
get Christmas tree lights working (its not up yet, its still November)

We are all different, it’s not just the MS thing.

OK I couldn’t hang things on the clothes horse or line properly (still can’t)
Cant sleep quietly
Drop things (including me).

Was I taught how to do any of it, were you? We just do what we have to or what our body tells us.

Not to MS it too much, Men do Men things, Women do Women things (very well), Binary and non Binary folk do 1s and 0s . What it comes down to is that if you are born with certain genitalia that is it, male or female.

Did I mention that no-one fits a lightbulb like me.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the β€˜x’.

watsoncraig
2 weeks ago

Don’t want rants, it was mine

highlander
1 week ago

@watsoncraig
Kinda agree with you.
But these ladies are way, way better than us men, they have this thing we have and a fair few of them have young kids and us men to look after.
They are a country mile better than us.
I was taught how to iron, hang clothes up and have a tidy up every day.
If I didn’t carry it out correctly I could have been sent to jail and after ten years of doing it I got the hang of it.
These ladies, the vast majority didn’t get that level of training. Yet their still better at it than us blokes.
Just saying…..😏

highlander
1 week ago

@watsoncraig
That wasn’t a moan at you.
Believe me I have thoughts way worse than that, but you kinda brought me round to another way of thinking.
Keep smiling

watsoncraig
1 week ago

Didn’t take it as a moan at me @highlander.
It is a bit of a moan at the PC brigade. Guess who dressed for the weather and they think they have finally sorted the office heating, only now it is 27deg and I am in a wooly pully.
“If you are cold put a jumper on, don’t turn the heating up” cause trust me, late 40s man sitting in boxers would have you complaining.

grandma
1 week ago

When you have held a screaming baby while it has diorreah all down your back, throws up down you front at the same time whilst the phone is ringing, the dog howling by the back door to go out the doorbell rings your nose runs etc., you get my drift. We women, especially mothers (and grandmothers, aunts, girlfriends etc.,) are used to multitasking. Because if this we have learnt, even when you have ms and your grip has gone, you can’t feel your fingers and your depth perception us all shot we still find it marginally easier to fit the light bulbπŸ’‹πŸ˜œπŸ‘

grandma
1 week ago

P.S. Wouldn’t mind seeing the late 40’s man in his boxers😍

highlander
1 week ago

@watsoncraig
Ahh….stupidity is just stupidity!
There’s no accounting for people.
Their just people.

watsoncraig
1 week ago

People scraping their car windows in the carpark and I am sitting with an open window (allowed now as the stupid have left)

highlander
1 week ago

@grandma
I’ve done everything that you’ve mentioned, except the multitasking, I do one thing at a time and get it right every time on the first attempt.
Just don’t speak to my wife….please
πŸ˜‡

watsoncraig
1 week ago

@highlander you have done everything that @grandma mentioned apart from multitasking and seeing me in me jockeys and you can forget about that

potter
1 week ago

I have done the supposed women’s job in past but they don’t excite me very much. I like working on houses. I designed the Spanish Mission house we live in from scratch. I finished baseboard, doors and windows (sand, stain, shellac). Helped my husband tile the whole house and since I am a potter and made half of the tile, we have a lot. I had to put a third coat of sheet rock mud in every corner of the house. I was doing a mild faux paint finish through out the house and the sheetrockers decided a third coat wasn’t necessary. My husband built a frame for a beehive style fireplace, he wasn’t any good at the surface treatment. So I put three layers of concrete on it and then three layers of Venetian plaster. The fireplace is 12 feet tall and I worked on scaffolding. I design furniture, make lamps, design and build fountains. Getting read to start on the basement. I guess a woman’s work is never done. Potter

merfield
1 week ago

@watsoncraig, is the big wooden spoon peculiar to the Scots -‘my Scottish stepfather had one too. No need to knock PCers. Or I’ll tell my mum.xx

watsoncraig
1 week ago

@merfield yes and I am keeping it to stir a bit more

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.