Last reply 1 year ago
No new lesions

So over the moon right now.
I just got back from my Neuro appointment and he told me straight away that everything looks good. There are no new lesions since my MRI 6 months ago (where there were heaps). Things look stable and one of the spinal lesions looks smaller.
Fk yeah. I feel like its my birthday and christmas rolled into one.
Not sure if its the Gilenya, vegan diet, vitamin D or all of it, but something has got this devil under control.
So happy.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

Congrats. My wife is doing much the same as you except with tecfidera. She had her 6 month checkup in June and had similar results and we experienced all of what you are saying.

To your point who knows what it is that’s doing it but if it’s working don’t change a thing!

dekkor
1 year ago

Fantastic! Happy birthday and merry Christmas for sure!

edmontonalberta
1 year ago

@cammo Very happy for you Cam…

@californiadreamin Do something special with your wife!

hmcampos
1 year ago

Probably all of it @cammo! Fantastic results! Keep it up!

@californiadreaming congratz to wife and you as well! 🙂

nicecupoftea
1 year ago

That’s great @cammo, very happy for you! Keep it up 🙂

Anonymous
1 year ago

Great news treatment obviously doing well x

frankenstein
1 year ago

Hey, I am happy for you 🙂 May I ask how much Vitamin D you’re taking?

Take care and happy christmas 🙂

cheryl118
1 year ago

@cammo. That is wonderful news. So happy for you!! How long have you been on Gilenya? Also, how long have you been following a vegan diet? Do you eat gluten?

Anonymous
1 year ago

@cammo amazing news! Really pleased for you x

smurf69
1 year ago

@cammo really pleased for you 👍

Anonymous
1 year ago

Brilliant news!

nawal_ibrahim
1 year ago

I’m so happy for you 🎉Congratulations🎉😁

cammo
1 year ago

@frankenstein I take 7000IU a day. You can get weekly 7000IU tablets over the counter at the pharmacies in Australia. I just take one a day instead of one a week

cammo
1 year ago

@cheryl118 I have been on the Gilenya since Jan17 so about 11 months. My MRI 6 months after starting the treatment showed new lesions on my brain and spinal cord. If there were new lesions on this most recent MRI we were going to change from Gilenya to a more powerful DMD. I am so glad I didn’t need to change as it is pretty easy to just take a pill each evening.
I started the vegan diet at about the same time as Gilenya after there was an article in one of our major newspapers about the OMS diet. I eat a lot of gluten. It is practically all I eat 🙂

cheryl118
1 year ago

@cammo. Thanks for your response. That is wonderful that you are doing well. I was on Gilenya for a few months, but I couldn’t tolerate it. It made me very dizzy. I’ve had 2 rounds of Lemtrada now, but I still continue to get worse. I need to try the OMS diet. I think that its my last hope.

cammo
1 year ago

I would like to say thankyou to everyone for all the lovely comments.

cammo
1 year ago

@cheryl118 sorry to hear you couldn’t tolerate it. Gilenya has given my liver function a work out. If my LFTs were not improving on this latest test we were also going to change drugs. Luckily my LFTs have returned to normal.
Sorry to hear the Lemtrada is not working. My neuro was saying Ocrivus (not sure of the spelling) is the latest drug of the month and it looking like a good medication. Only 6 monthly infusions. I hope you find something which gets your MS under control.
The OMS lifestyle is pretty easy (for me anyway) I work mostly with Hindus (Computer developers seem to be India’s greatest export) so getting good vegan recipes is easy, I already exercise a lot. The meditation part is the only thing I find hard. Two babies under 14 months does not mix well with relaxing meditation. Give it a try… can’t hurt. At worst it will get your cholesterol down and you will lose a few kilos.
Anyway good luck and thanks for the congrats.

londonlad
1 year ago

Great news @cammo

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.