Last reply 2 months ago
No more hiding

Hi everyone, it’s been a while I have been working so much my free time is almost non existent.

I hope everyone is doing ok.

Alright the meat of my post. I have decided I’m not hiding anymore, I am telling every single person I know I have MS. I am doing this because I felt like I was hiding myself and pretending to be something I’m not. I was letting this disease control what I did with my life carefully thinking about what I needed to do next just to not make anyone worry about me. I know I will still have limitations but I have given up letting this disease control me with fear.

I don’t think I am the bravest person around but not very much scares me, except for MS. I would think what career moves I can make to ensure I have a job that doesn’t require a lot of physical movement. so atleast I have a chance at living a somewhat normal life.

Im here to post that I’m a stubborn person and I just wanna take my life into my own hands again. next time I see my neurologist I want to see if I can’t change to a medication that is better suited to me and I can not have to worry about taking drugs every 4-6 weeks.

your friendly forum lurker

Brando.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the β€˜x’.

doubleo7hud
2 months ago

That’s the spirit matey, stick them fingers up to Multiple SclerosARSE. Just words on paper 🧻.

highlander
2 months ago

@brando
Go for it mate!
Better out than in.
You’ll get “the look” a lot more just so you’re aware.
You’ll get used to it…
Happy trails.

rmdaniels
2 months ago

Godspeed Brando! Don’t face the fight alone!

stumbler
2 months ago

All power and strength to you, @brando .

doubleo7hud
2 months ago

When they say sorry ask them if they farted πŸ˜‚ breaks the ice.

chezy17
2 months ago

I’ve always told everyone I know or meet that I’ve got MS, even potential dates (well, when I decide to do that πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚), it’s nothing to be ashamed of. I’m still me, still the same person, in fact I’m no different to who I was before I was diagnosed, maybe alot stronger and I appreciate the small things more and realise life is too short. If people can’t deal then that’s their problem but I that’s more because they don’t understand really. I think also hiding it, makes me deal alot better, it’s not a secret, it’s not who I am, it just lurks underneath the surface on occasion πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

Just gotta keep smiling and find the rainbows always 😊.

rogersouthall
2 months ago

Life can change in a heart beat, being diagnosed meant the end of a business, loss of money and relationship, but, it will never take the one thing I have held onto, belief, belief in the fact that the bad days will come so make the most of the good ones, read my blog, it is honest and describes my highs and lows, now I need to start courting and find someone that will take me for me.
http://www.wholesorts.com

good luck

melmel1
2 months ago

@chezy17 I just wanted to say I love ur up beat positive attitude and humour 😘

dramaqueen
2 months ago

Do not be scared of the future with MS it might never happen. You control what you think and feel. Keep strong.x

chezy17
2 months ago

@melmel1 thanks chick 😊. I’m not always, even I have my moments but I’ll throw myself a pity party, get it out my system and crack on cos that’s all you can do. Besides MS is not a death sentence, it’s a pain in the arse but we’re still kicking right! 😊

melmel1
2 months ago

@chezy17 haha ur right it Defo is a pain in the asss yes we keep going X

stacko
2 months ago

Your comments have cheered me right up 😁 recovering from a relapse, and I’m getting bored of the recovery πŸ™„ The little things are definitely the most important things in life.

Stako xx

vixen
2 months ago

@brando, I have just finished telling all and sundry after waiting for two years. It has been really liberating. Also. It shows that I feel back in control again, so deffo go for it!

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.